Claire Blackburn BSc (Hons) Dip Couns MBACP (registered)
6 & 7 Sleaford Station Business Centre
I am Claire a qualified, registered and insured counsellor offering couples and individual counselling in the Sleaford and surrounding areas. I offer a warm, non judgmental, confidential and respectful counselling service for an array of areas including but not limited to; anxiety, depression, self harm, bereavement, separation/divorce, PTSD and stress.
I understand that it can be daunting stepping into counselling and I strive to make the process as smooth as possible for you. Sharing your experiences and feelings may be difficult, so as we proceed through counselling you choose what we talk about and when; we only ever work at a pace that is comfortable and right for you. I offer the initial session at no charge which gives you the opportunity to come and met me, ask any questions you may have, find out more about the counselling process and gives us the opportunity to see if I am the right counsellor for you.
I am trained in five theroectical counselling approaches which gives me the opportunity and skills to tailor your counselling sessions to your individual needs. This promotes space for you getting what you need out of your sessions.
* In order to help make therapy accessible to all, low cost counselling is available within my private practice, with a student counsellor. If you'd like further details please contact me.
- Sleaford Office - My office is located next to Sleaford train station with free parking available. My counselling room is private and comfortable, offering you a calm and secure place to proceed with counselling. If you would like to book your initial free session please call or email me (please check your junk folder for responses) and we can arrange a mutually agreeable time. After you've met me, if you feel you would like to proceed with counselling we can arrange your next appointment.
Alongside in person counselling sessions I am also trained as an online counsellor (Certified Cyber Therapist) using a number of online secure platforms. Online counselling may suit people who are unable or uncomfortable to attend face to face sessions, due to reasons such as location, disability, time restrictions or transport problems. Telephone counselling is also available to people who do not feel comfortable using a computer. If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Online, Email & Telephone Counselling - These sessions use online encrypted software such as Email, Instant Messaging and online video platforms for your sessions. You choose which online way suits you best. Your online security and confidentiality is paramount to me and due to this we only use encrypted platforms. If you'd like to book your initial free session please call or email me and we can arrange a day and time. In your initial session, you have the opportunity to meet me and decide if I am the right counsellor for you. After this, if you decide to proceed then we can arrange your next session. It is your choice how many sessions you would like and if you are unsure we can discuss this in your initial session.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Reflective Therapeutic Practice (Middlesex University)
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
Certificate in Relationship Counselling (Couple and family counselling)
Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Training Institute)
CPCAB Counselling Theory
CPCAB Counelling Skills
I have 6 years experience working with clients and have worked with a wide range of issues in a number of counselling settings. Although my experience, diploma and degree give me the required qualifications/experience to work with a wide array of issues and areas, I am committed to continued professional development. This allows me to continue to promote an effective and ethical practice for my clients as I continually develop my counselling knowledge and myself as a practitioner. My CPD has included further focused training in the following areas:
- Self Harm
- Domestic Abuse
- Relationship (Couples and Family)
I have 5 years expericence working online with clients as Certified Cyber Therapist. I completed my training with the Online Training Institute to ensure I have the specialised skills for counselling online.
I am a registered member of the BACP, British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, adhering to this organizations code of conduct and professional ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have further specific focused training on working with anixety, bereavement, self harm, depression and relationship counselling.
I am qualified to deal with a wide area of issues which include the above but are not limited to the above. If you have an issue that is not listed then please ask me, if I am unable to help you myself then I can make further suggestions for the finding the right counsellor for you.
I offer a free initial session for all clients (or free initial emails) to find out what has brought you to therapy and for you to meet me and see how you feel about working with me.
- Counselling sessions in my Sleaford office is £35 for individual counselling and £50 for couples.
- I offer concessions for lower income earners, students and trainee counsellors, please contact me for further details.
- Online counselling fee's start from £25 per email and instant messaging therapy sessions, and £35 for 50 minute live online face to face sessions and telephone sessions.
- In order to help make therapy accessible to all, low cost counselling is available within my private practice, with a student counsellor. If you'd like further details please contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice is open day time hours Monday to Thursday with evening sessions possible on a Wednesday and Thursday. On a Friday my practice closes at midday.
Types of client