Claire Blackburn BSc (Hons) Dip Couns MBACP (registered)
I am a qualified, registered and insured counsellor for online (including email) telephone and face to face in person counselling sessions. I work empathically and without judgments to create a safe therapeutic environment. I work with a wide area of experiences/difficulties including, but not limited too, trauma, anxiety, depression, self harm, bereavement, self esteem, eating disorders, relationship problems and domestic violence.
It can be a nerve wracking experience taking that first step into the counselling room and I strive to promote a calm, non judgmental, safe and peaceful environment for us to confidentially explore areas you may be struggling with.
I offer the initial session at no charge which gives you the opportunity to come and met me, ask any questions you may have, find out more about the counselling process and gives us the opportunity to see if I am the right counsellor for you.
I am trained in five theroectical counselling approaches which gives me the opportunity and skills to tailor your counselling sessions to your individual needs. This promotes space for you getting what you need out of your sessions.
- Sleaford Office - My office is located on Northgate, Sleaford. Free parking is available a short distance away or paid parking at Market Place is closer. My counselling room is private and comfortable, offering you a calm and secure place to proceed with counselling. If you would like to book your initial free session please call or email me (please check your junk folder for responses) and we can arrange a mutually agreeable time. After you've met me, if you feel you would like to proceed with counselling we can arrange your next appointment.
Alongside in person counselling sessions I am also trained as an online counsellor (Certified Cyber Therapist) using a number of online secure platforms. Online counselling may suit people who are unable or uncomfortable to attend face to face sessions, due to reasons such as location, disability, time restrictions or transport problems. Telephone counselling is also available to people who do not feel comfortable using a computer. If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Online, Email & Telephone Counselling - These sessions use online encrypted software such as Email, Instant Messaging and online video platforms for your sessions. You choose which online way suits you best. Your online security and confidentiality is paramount to me and due to this we only use encrypted platforms. If you'd like to book your initial free session please call or email me and we can arrange a day and time. In your initial session, you have the opportunity to meet me and decide if I am the right counsellor for you. After this, if you decide to proceed then we can arrange your next session. It is your choice how many sessions you would like and if you are unsure we can discuss this in your initial session.
I care very much about making therapy accessible to all. If you are unable to attend in person sessions due to disability I can offer you online or telephone counselling or can arrange home visits. Disability and chronic pain can be debilitating and isolating. If you’re unable to attend in person sessions due to disability or chronic pain but wish to access therapy please call me and we can explore appropriate suitable options for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I completed my counselling training at the Metanoia Institute in London and have worked with clients for a number of years. I am committed to CPD (continual professional development) that is relevant to my work and have focused training and interest in trauma work. I am a registered member of the BACP, British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, adhering to this organisations code of conduct and ethical framework. Alongside my work as a therapist in my private practice, I am the counselling manager for counselling student placements within Encompass Counselling and work closely with trainees to develop their skills and promote effective ethical therapeutic practice within their placements.
BSc (Hons) Reflective Therapeutic Practice (Middlesex University)
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
Registered Member BACP
Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
Certificate in Relationship Counselling (Couple and family counselling)
Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Training Institute)
CPCAB Counselling Theory
CPCAB Counelling Skills
Continual Professional Development Courses include, but are not limited to;
Suicide and Self Harm, Depression and Anxiety, Emotional Regulation, Stabilisation work in Complex Trauma Counselling, Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice, Dissociation and DID the fundamentals, Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice, Trauma and the body; Dissociation and Somatisation and Working with Trauma in Trauma (Covid-19).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have received specific further training/qualifications to give me the specialised skills to work with couples face to face and to work online with couples and individuals. I am committed to continual professional development.
I offer a free initial session for all clients (or free initial emails) to find out what has brought you to therapy and for you to meet me and see how you feel about working with me.
- Counselling sessions in my Sleaford office is £45 for individual counselling (50 minutes each session) and £75 for couples (1 hour 15 minutes each session)
- Online counselling, telephone counselling or walk and talk therapy (eco therapy) for individuals are £45 a sessions (50 minutes)
- Online couples Counselling is £75 per session (1 hour 15minutes)
- Email therapy available for £40 per email expect reply within 72 hours
- In order to help make therapy accessible to all, low cost counselling is available within my private practice, with a student counsellor. If you'd like further details please enquirer
Concessions offered for
My practice is open day time hours Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with evening sessions possible on a Tuesday. The practice is closed on Wednesdays and closes at 1pm on a Friday.
Please visit my website for further information.
Encompass Counselling/Claire Blackburn are registered with the ICO and are fully complainant with GDPR laws. You will be provided with a privacy notice in your initial session. You can also find the privacy notice on my website. Please enquire with me for any further details or explanations around GDPR and how I handle/store/process and manage your personal details.