Dr Daniel O'Toole
Citadel Psychology is an independent practice providing specialist psychological therapy/counselling, consultancy and training throughout South East London and beyond.
With the right support, people can achieve great things. The interpretation of the word 'citadel' focusses on the historic association between safety and strength. These key concepts inform all of the provided services:
- A safe and confidential therapeutic space for people to explore their difficulties with a qualified and experienced doctor of clinical psychology. Providing evidence-based, compassionate psychological therapy can help people to regain their strength and to achieve their goals.
- Expert consultancy to help organisations realise their potential and enable them to continue to deliver strong and effective leadership. The provision of individual consultancy and clinical supervision can help people to remain strong and resilient whilst working in challenging roles.
- Tailored training to universities, businesses and individuals designed to increase knowledge and deliver a competitive advantage. Training packages cover a wide range of topics and with extensive access to partners and collaborators, a training product that works for you can be effectively designed.
Training, qualifications & experience
My name is Dr Daniel O’Toole (Danny) and I am the Clinical Director and Principal Clinical Psychologist at Citadel Psychology. I have over 14 years experience working in the NHS and have also worked in the private and voluntary sectors.
As a clinical psychologist, I have worked with patients experiencing a wide variety of emotional and psychological difficulties including complex trauma, depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), substance use, psychosis, addiction, stopping smoking, suicidality, loss and bereavement, relationship problems and weight issues. I have a passion for working with people who are experiencing psychological distress as a result of physical health problems (including illnesses such as lung disease, cancer, diabetes and heart disease) and specialise in this area in my NHS role.
I take a compassionate and person-centred approach to my therapeutic work and am able to draw on a range of evidence-based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT), Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and psychodynamic psychotherapy.
I am registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) as a chartered psychologist. I am also registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) which is the main regulatory body in the UK which legally allows psychologists to practice.
I hold the following qualifications:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsychol)
- Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Health Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Community Mental Health
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
British Psychological Society
British Psychological Society
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Physical health problems, chronic disease
The cost of individual psychological therapy is £115 per 50 minute session.
For information regarding fees for consultancy, clinical supervision or specialist training, please email or call 0207 738 7159
Please contact Citadel Psychology for information regarding availability.