Cinda Foley, Counsellor, Psychological Therapist, MBACP Accredited
The Octagon Counselling & Psychotherapy
8 Middle Street
Cinda Foley, Counsellor, Psychological Therapist, MBACP Accredited
Supervisor practicing in Taunton.
Works with Adults, Children and Young People.
Extensive knowledge in working with Traumatic Bereavement and Problem Gambling.
Whether you are suffering from a bereavement, anxiety, depression, experiencing a trauma or battling an addiction, whatever it is, please contact me.
As a humanistic integrative counsellor, who truly cares about human welfare; values and dignity; I recognise that there are significant connections between all approaches to counselling. However; I also appreciate that different clients have different needs and that often no one single approach is always sufficient. Visit www.bacp.co.uk to find further information on counselling approaches. I have been a counsellor/psychological therapist in excess of twelve years’ gaining invaluable experiences working with adults, children and young people in a variety of settings and working with many unique and diverse issues.
My aim is to be flexible as a therapist helping you to explore thoughts and feelings about issues and concerns and having an opportunity to discover how to move forward in life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificated in CBT Skills. Dr Michael Worrell (NICE guidelines)
- CPCAB Counselling Supervison - Level 6
- Cruse Bereavement Care (accred,)Supervision
- BACP Accreditation Counsellor/Psychotherapist (2012)
- City & Guilds 7303-02 Preparing to teach
- PQ Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificates in Counselling Skills & Studies
Training: (not extensive list)
- Working with Traumatic Stress
- Working with PTSD
- Understanding Addictions
- Suicide and young people
- Depression & Anxiety
- ASIST Applies suicide intervention and skills
- SWEDA Eating Disorders
- Applied suicide intervention skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- St Margarets Hospice
- Working with suicidal behaviour
- BACP Suicide & Suicidal Ideation
- Supervising volunteers working with bereaved children & young people
- Supporting suddenly bereaved children
- Child sexual exploitation
- Mental Health awareness
- Safeguarding - children and vulnerable adults
- Gambling refresher training
- Time limited ways of working
- Working with Grief Circles - Louis Tonkin
- Refresher Cruse Bereavement
- Mental Health First Aid
- Understanding Sudden & Traumatic DeathChild Protection - refresher
Experience:- Counsellor, Supervisor, Trainer , Group facilitator
- Independent Infant, Primary & Secondary School Counsellor
- Wide range of school related issues
- Family life
- Adolescents & young people
- Abuse & trauma
- Feelings of dissatisfaction
- Low self esteem
- Troubling thoughts & feelings
- Childhood experiences
- Loss, grief & bereavement
- Creative interventions to support grieving Children & Young People
- Sudden & Traumatic Death - specialisation
- Sudden Infant Loss
- Compulsive Gambling & Complusive behaviours - specialisation
- Suicidal Ideation
- Mental Health - Anxiety & Depression
- Life & relationships
- Communicating with significant others
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- £45.00 per therapeutic hour.
Concessions are available on an individual basis
It is essential that the framework and boundaries within which the work takes place is set out before we start. Sessions are usually at a fixed time, once per week and will generally last 50 minutes. Where possible I will try and accommodate changes in times or days as needed. Although there is a waiting room at The Octagon I would ask that you arrive as close to your appointment time as possible.
All children & young people must be accompanied by an adult who should remain in the building, but not in the therapy room unless by prior agreement, for the duration of the counselling session.
Counselling can be about exploring thoughts, feelings or about issues and concerns and having the opportunity to discover how to move forward in your life.
I am able to offer several counselling approaches which enables you as the client more choice of how you wish to look as your issues.
Adolescents, Children and Young People. I have many years of experience working as an independent school counsellor, bereavement counsellor and in independent practice with a host of presenting issues.
As a bereavement counsellor, trainer and supervisor I have extensive knowledge and experience working with many different types of bereavement but significantly my experience lies with working with children, young people, individuals and couples who have be bereaved through a sudden (without forewarning) death such as a heart attack or a sudden infant death (SIDS) accidental or traumatic death (sudden, unexpected, random or preventable or from violent or aggressive actions by another) such as a suicide or homicide.
I have also successfully assisted many individuals to stop problem gambling by helping and supporting them foster ways of coping through understanding possible underlying issues but also to recognise and address connected issues causing harm or damage. Through the establishment of a productive and alternative lifestyle without gambling.
I also offer counselling support to family members of a problem gambler. We explore coping behaviours, strategies, social supper, options of further specialist her and increase awareness and understanding.
I bring many of my own life experiences to my work and these coupled with many years of working with many people of all ages and from all walks of life are invaluable.
I am a warm, genuine and caring person who recognises the value and importnace of the therapeutic relationship between counsellor and client. I endeavour to provide a safe and nurturing environment where you can explore your issues in a non judgemental environment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible availability - please enquire I work from my own practice and therefore I have total flexibility on when I work if times are required outside of a recognised working week.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Whether you are experienced, recently qualified or still training and just starting client work I will adapt and so provide the multiples roles necessary for a good supervisory experience.