Christine Redfern Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy MBACP
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist who did a 4 year Masters Degree course at the Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute between 2006 - 2010, finishing with a Post Graduate qualification as I did not do the research module.
I am a member of the International Integrative Psychotherapy Association and delivered a workshop in March 2019 in Montpellier about working with children.
I put the relationship at the heart of therapy and see many of life’s difficulties in terms of developmental and relational failures, as well as Attachment difficulties and the traumas people experience in their lives.
I was a teacher for 37 years, working with secondary and then primary school children, through a Behaviour Service. My experience has also seen me working with young offenders, children in the care system. I have worked with children and teenagers for 45 years as well as working with adults through a Women’s Centre and through a Family Care Service.
When I work with private clients I prefer to work on Monday’s and Tuesdays, although I can be flexible. I have worked with a number of teachers and Head Teachers, with the ever-demanding stresses that doing such work brings, with the added pressure that Ofsted inspections bring.
Integrative Psychotherapy approaches differ depending on the training undertaken by the therapist and the way in which they bring different theories in their practice.
I draw on Person-Centred & Humanistic theories, TA (Transactional Analysis), Gestalt theory, Attachment Theory, Relational Psychotherapy, Psychodynamic & Psychoanalytic theories, CBT and Richard Erskine’s Relational approach to Integrative Psychotherapy.
My way of working is Relational and takes into consideration the way in which we develop as people; the early experiences we had in childhood; the beliefs we have and the life experiences that impact our lives.
All of these factors impact the person we are and how we develop coping strategies to get us through each day. Some of these are effective while some ways of coping prevent us from enjoying relationships with others, enjoying our lives fully or prevent us from being the person we would like to be.
Effective therapy is about healing, change and growth, working with a therapist who will provide a safe, non-judgemental space in which to work.
Working With Clients on the Following:
Abuse; Anxiety & Panic attacks; Anger and Assertiveness; ADHD & ASD; Bereavement & Loss; Separation; Conflict Resolution; Depression; Confidence, Relationship difficulties; Self-Esteem; Stress; Trauma; Work-related stress
Ways of Working
I can offer 1:1 face-to-face work or Skype sessions
Sessions are 60 minutes long and the fee for the hour is £40.
I do offer some concessionary fees.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate of Education - 1974
- Foundation Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy 2005-2006 SPTI
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy - 2006-2010 SPTI
- Training attended from 2012- current with Richard G Erskine in Nottingham, Manchester and Bilbao
- International Conferences attended in UK, Bilbao, Milan and Montpellier
- Trauma Training delivered by Babette Rothschild ‘The Body Remembers’
- TA 101 Certificate 2018 at The Berne Institute
- Delivered a seminar at The Berne Institute on Music, Lyrics and Poetry 2018
- Author of ‘Shades of Self - Poetic Integration’ - 2013
- CD of songs ‘Your Life’ - songs written for children and clients
- MBACP - Regular member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I can work using creative approaches - drawing, painting, Clay work, music and poetry, journal and diary writing
60 minute sessions at £40 an hour with some consessionary fees.
I currently have vacancies after finishing work with some clients.
Code of Ethics
I follow the BACP Code of Ethics; the Sherwood Psychotherapy & Training Institute of Psychotherapy Ethics and the International Integrative Psychotherapy Association Code of Ethics
- regular Supervision with an International Supervisor in Integrative Psychotherapy
- regular CPD (regular, continuous, professional development) each year and attend courses in the UK and in Spain
- an up-to-date DBS and attended a Safeguarding Level 3 update on 13th May 2019
- Public Liability Insurance
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please email with your contact number and a convenient day and time to ring you
Types of client