Christine Murray, MSc, MBACP (Snr. Accred.)
I am a Psychotherapist, and a Registered, Senior Accredited Member of the BACP.
I aim to provide a safe, creative space for you to explore current challenges and difficulties, and find a positive way forward.
I have worked in private practice for over 25 years, and work with a wide range of people. I have also worked as a therapist, trainer and supervisor in a variety of organisations. My organisational roles have included - Staff Counsellor and Trauma Advisor for HSBC bank, The Bereavement Service Co-ordinator at St. Christopher’s Hospice in London, and a tutor and supervisor at The Metanoia Institute.
- video or telephone time limited psychotherapy to adults, and sessions are usually weekly. I am not offering face to face sessions at present. My aim is to enable you to enhance your life and live it more fully. I work with individuals but do not work with couples.
I have particular experience of working with:
- feelings of depression and anxiety, loss of self esteem, stress at work or at home, loss and bereavement, post traumatic stress, health related difficulties, relationship or sexuality issues, unresolved family matters, life transitions and feeling 'lost' with life's direction.
My approach is integrative, aiming to respond appropriately and effectively to each person as an individual. After an initial consultation, we can agree a set number sessions, with a review after six sessions. Some people like to go away and reflect after the inital session, and contact me if they wish to continue.
My integrative approach focuses on:
- building a collaborative working relationship with you
- finding out more about your current situation and any relevant past circumstances
- finding a focus for our work together
- helping you to discover your strengths and resources
- using the therapeutic relationship creatively
- valuing difference, individuality and diversity
- working at a pace that feels right for you
- supporting you through making changes
- reviewing our work together, and thinking how we will know when it is time to end
Frequency of sessions:
Sessions are usually weekly and at a regular time, and of course there is some flexibility, for example for those who do not work regular hours.
I also offer:
- supervision - for individuals, groups and organisations
- professional and managerial support
Availability and fees
I work in private practice Mondays to Thursdays , and offer some evening appointments.
Session fees: Intitial consultation and on-going sessions are £65
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Senior Accredited and Registered Counsellor - first accredited 1994
UKCP Registered Psychotherapist - from 1999 - 2019
Training and Qualifications
I have a Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy from the Metanoia Institute in London. I am committed to on-going professional development and have completed a number of post graduate courses, most recently in the area of somatic trauma therapy.
Professional journal article
'"A Day in the Life"... of a Bereavement Service Co-ordinator' - feature in Therapy Today journal.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Life transitions, Health related issues
The initial consultation as well as on-going sessions are £65.
Parking: There is free parking outside.
Accesibility: The practice is on the first floor, up a flight of stairs.