Christine Murray, MSc, MBACP (Snr. Accred.)
I am a Psychotherapist, and a Registered, Senior Accredited Member of the BACP.
I aim to provide a safe, creative space for you to explore current challenges and difficulties, and find a positive way forward.
I have worked in private practice for over 25 years, and work with a wide range of people. I have also worked as a therapist, trainer and supervisor in a variety of organisations. My organisational roles have included - Staff Counsellor and Trauma Advisor for HSBC bank, and the Bereavement Service Co-ordinator at St. Christopher’s Hospice in London.
My counselling and psychotherapy practice is in Beckenham BR3, just over ten minutes walk from Beckenham Junction and Clockhouse Stations, close to Beckenham High Street and two minutes walk from Kelsey Park.
I am near to Sydenham, Forest Hill, Crystal Palace, Anerley, Penge, Bromley, Lee, Lewisham, Shortlands, West Wickham, Croydon and West Kent. There is a tram link to Croydon, and local bus routes are 54, 194, 162, 227, 354, 358 and 367.
- face-to-face time limited psychotherapy to adults, comprising an initial consultation followed by 12 sessions. Sessions are usually weekly and we would review after 6 sessions. My aim is to enable you to enhance your life and live it more fully. I work with individuals but do not work with couples.
I have particular experience of working with:
- feelings of depression and anxiety, loss of self esteem, stress at work or at home, loss and bereavement, post traumatic stress, health related difficulties, relationship or sexuality issues, unresolved family matters, life transitions and feeling 'lost' with life's direction.
My approach is integrative, aiming to respond appropriately and effectively to each person as an individual. After an initial consultation, we may agree a set number of 12 sessions, with a review after six sessions. Some people like to go away and reflect after the inital session, and contact me if they wish to continue.
My integrative approach focuses on:
- building a collaborative working relationship with you
- finding out more about your current situation and any relevant past circumstances
- finding a focus for our work together
- helping you to discover your strengths and resources
- using the therapeutic relationship creatively
- valuing difference, individuality and diversity
- working at a pace that feels right for you
- supporting you through making changes
- reviewing our work together, and thinking how we will know when it is time to end
Frequency of sessions:
Sessions are usually weekly and at a regular time, and of course there is some flexibility, for example for those who do not work regular hours.
I also offer:
- supervision - for individuals, groups and organisations
- professional and managerial support
Availability and fees
I work in private practice Mondays to Wednesdays, and offer some evening appointments.
Session fees: Intitial consultation and on-going sessions are £60.
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Senior Accredited and Registered Counsellor - first accredited 1994
UKCP Registered Psychotherapist - from 1999 - 2019
Training and Qualifications
I have a Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy from the Metanoia Institute in London. I am committed to on-going professional development and have completed a number of post graduate courses, most recently in the area of somatic trauma therapy.
Professional journal article
'"A Day in the Life"... of a Bereavement Service Co-ordinator' - feature in Therapy Today journal.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Life transitions, Health related issues
Photos & videos
Intitial consultation and on-going sessions are £60. Fees for organisations and psychotherapy trainees may vary.
Parking: There is free parking outside.
Accesibility: The practice is on the first floor, up a flight of stairs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays to Wednesdays - I have some evening availability on a Tuesday.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I see supervision as a collaborative, professional relationship which helps to promote learning, self care, personal and professional development, and ethical practice.View supervision profile