Christina Shoben MBACP Reg
I work with addiction, Asperger syndrome/ autism, anger, abuse, anxiety, bereavement, racial issues, relationships, stress, sexual problems and trauma
I come from a diverse, multicultural background and have experience working with alcoholics, the homeless, drug addicts, ex-offenders and with many people from differing cultures and backgrounds.
I have worked as a qualified counsellor with people with learning difficulties, aspergers, victims of child abuse, mental health issues and more.
I have had a private practice for six years and have worked with local authorities.
I work with vulnerable children, young adults, families and couples.
I offer both one to one and group sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP registered Counsellor and Life Coach.
I am very experienced and have taken a number of post-graduate courses and seminars for my on-going professional development such as:
- CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Family therapy
- Play therapy
- Solution focused brief therapy
- Raising awareness of aspergers
- Working with anxiety using CBT
As a Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists I work within their Ethical Framework of good practice which is safe and confidential and which you can look up on www.bacp.co.uk. I am committed to on-going professional development to enhance my work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Please email me on: email@example.com
or contact me by text or phone on: 07711 077424
Please ask me about concessions
My counselling usually takes place in Muswell Hill, London N10 or in home visits in and around North London.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am to 9pm
Types of client