Dr Christina Morberg Pain
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist with 15 years experience of working in different NHS settings. I work with individuals with a wide variety of difficulties such as low mood and depression, anxiety related difficulties (generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, panic, obsessive compulsive disorder, and stress), anger, difficulties in managing emotions, PTSD and trauma related difficulties. I also have long experience and extensive training in working with individuals with personality disorders.
Initially when you meet with me, I carry out an assessment of your difficulties. The assessment forms the basis of a clinical formulation which is drawn up together with you and brings together the assessment information with psychological theory. The formulation helps us understand your difficulties from a psychological perspective and decide on what therapeutic help you may need. In terms of therapy, I draw on a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches (including CBT and psychodynamic approaches). For personality related difficulties I use Mentalisation based therapy (MBT) and Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) approaches.
Assessment session: 1.5 hours
Therapy session: 1 hour
Training, qualifications & experience
During my training as a clinical psychologist I gained experience of working with children and adults with a variety of psychological needs. Since qualifying I have worked within the NHS in forensic in-patient and community settings, and in a specialised Personality Disorder service.
- BPS Accredited Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin Psych) - University of Southampton
- Health and Care Professions council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist – PYL18932
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist with the British Psychological Society
- Member of Division of Clinical Psychology - British Psychological Society
- BPS accredited BSc (Hons) in Psychology – University of Birmingham
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling and Social Learning Theory
- Published book on theory and practice of Mentalisation based therapy
- DBT Training
- MBT Certified Practitioner – Anna Freud Centre London
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with