Dr Christina Morberg Pain (BSc, PG Cert., D. Clin Psych.)
I am an experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist, with 15 years experience of working in the NHS. I offer short- and long-term therapy and work with adults with a wide variety of psychological difficulties, including personality disorders and trauma. I provide therapy in a confidential, caring, non-judgemental and collaborative environment and draw on a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches to help clients move forward and to reduce the impact the difficulties have on a person’s life. For personality related difficulties, I have been trained in and have extensive experience of using Mentalisation based therapy (MBT) and Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) for emotionally-unstable (borderline) personality disorder.
Deciding to engage in therapy can be difficult and it is therefore important you feel you are working with a therapist you can be open and honest with, and who can help you. I'm very happy to see you for an initial consultation, where we can gain an understanding of your difficulties and consider what help you may require. We can then think about whether or not you would like to book further sessions to address your difficulties.
Training, qualifications & experience
During my training as a clinical psychologist I gained experience of working with children and adults with a variety of psychological needs. Since qualifying I have worked within the NHS in forensic in-patient and community settings, and in a specialised Personality Disorder service.
- Health and Care Professions council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist – PYL18932
- Published book on theory and practice of Mentalisation based therapy - 2018
- DBT Training - 2017
- MBT Certified Practitioner – Anna Freud Centre London - 2013
- BPS Accredited Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin Psych) - University of Southampton - 2004
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling and Social Learning Theory - 1998
- BPS accredited BSc (Hons) in Psychology – University of Birmingham - 1997
Areas of counselling I deal with
Assessment: £150 (90 minute session)
Treatment Session: £100 (60 minute session)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client