I am an Integrative Therapist - Drawing upon the Person-Centred, CBT and Psychodynamics approaches, to meet client needs.
My aim is to provide a safe environment in which you, the client, experience non-judgement, empathy and a trusting therapeutic alliance.
Beginning my career as a teacher, I have significant experience working with young people, and much of my counselling experience has involved working with this age group.
Professional development is very important to me. I strive to keep learning and furthering my knowledge so I can support clients appropriately.
Currently, my services are carried out via the Zoom platform, or by telephone.
I am a registered member of BACP and conform with their professional standards and ethics.
I look forward to welcoming you as a potential client.
BA, PGCE, FdSc.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) English (QUB).
- PGCE (QUB).
- FdSc - Distinction (UU) (Qualified June, 2021).
- Mental Health First Aid.
- EFT/ TFT Tapping Practitioner (Accredited).
- Play Therapy training.
- Bibliotherapy, Literature and Mental Health.
- Fundamentals of Family Theory.
- Working with Young People - Anxiety, low mood and body image; Resilience.
- Safe guarding and Child Protection training.
- Professional training in the applied use of Mindfulness for 12-18-year olds
- Significant experience delivering workshops and programmes in Mindfulness and mindset
- Almost 20 years of experience working with children and young people (up to the age of 19) in an educational and pastoral capacity.
- BACP/ OU course in online and telephone counselling.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Children and young people.