Dr Chris Wood (DClin, MSc, BSc Psychology)
I am a qualified clinical psychologist offering private cognitive behavioural therapy and psychotherapy.
I specialise in working with anxiety disorders (generalised anxiety, phobias, social anxiety, OCD, PTSD)
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked for the NHS for over fifteen years and as a qualified clinical psychologist for the past ten years.
I have worked with adults and young people with a range of difficulties such as depression, anxiety, hearing voices, bereavement, panic disorder, substance misuse, anger management problems, sexual dysfunction, and many other issues.
I obtained my doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Manchester University in 2008. I have since obtained numerous training certificates and, before I left, was teaching at kings college and supervising trainee clinical psychologists.
I have a number of publications around anxiety and autistic spectrum conditions.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My standard fee is £65 per 50 minute session at my clinic or £50 for a home visit.
I am currently offering home visits to cut down costs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8am - 8pm Monday to Sunday
Types of client