Looking for a low-cost option for 2021?
Try out Art4Minds' 12-week creative development course, from £120 inclusive:
12 Jan - 30 Mar 2021
My regular offering:
Find your superpower.
It is my firm belief that everyone has the right to access their truest and highest potential, and my working practice is geared towards clearing away the obstacles to a life infused with abundance and creative flow.
You are not being selfish for wanting something more.
Issues I work with:
I have worked with numerous individuals during their transitions into more authentic ways of being. People tend to approach me with one or more of the following 'growing pains'.
- Feeling hypersensitive to things around them (or on the flipside, numbed and cut off from authentic experience)
- A deepfelt desire for something new
- Overthinking things
- A sense that life hasn't turned out the way it was supposed to
- Past traumas re-emerging
- Intense emotional pain that often comes up while alone
- Unusual experiences such as hearing or seeing things that others do not
How I work:
I work short-term for single issues, and on an open-ended basis for deeper work with underlying life patterns.
Grounded in intuition and science, my work uses a combination of techniques. I adapt my practice to each individual client in a way that feels best-suited to them. We may work with body movement, guided imagery, dreamwork, CBT, coaching, creative practice, psychoanalytic dialogue, or any combination of the above.
I also hold a focus on the here-and-now relationship between therapist and client. As the space-holder, I take intersectionaliy seriously, and do my best to ensure that unconscious dynamics have a space to be named. It is important to me that you have a safe space to explore relationships in realtime.
It is also important to me that my clients have a 'safe container' in which they can talk about sex, taboo, shame, and difficult topics without being judged.
If anything I have spoken about resonates with you, get in touch to arrange a free phone consultation, to see if working together will be a good fit.
"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do...
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
- Marianne Williamson
Training, qualifications & experience
- PGDip: Psychosynthesis Counselling - Psychosynthesis Trust
- PGCert: Psychosynthesis Counselling & Psychotherapy FDN - Psychosynthesis Trust
- BSc: Psychology with Clinical Psychology - University of Lincoln
Selected Additional Training:
- Mental Health First Aid
- Unconscious Bias
- Theatre of the Oppressed
- Reflective Practice Facilitation
- Mental Capacity Act & DoLS
- Mental Health Act
- Care Act
- Personality Disorder
- Group Facilitation
- 6+ years working 1:1 and in group therapeutic settings with clients from a vast array of backgrounds.
- Substantial work with clients transitioning onto their creative path.
- Longterm practice in yoga, tantra, lucid dreaming, and meditation.
- Multiple 10-day vipassana meditation retreats attended.
- Multidisciplinary artist.
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Information commissioners office (ICO).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Psychospiritual crisis
- Increasing creativity and performance at work
- Integrating psychedelic experiences
- 20 min initial phone consultation - free of charge
- Individual sessions - 60-90GBP
- Discounts for block-bookings
Concessions offered for
- In light of the changing economy I am willing to take major cryptocurrencies and consider some non-monetary forms of exchange, provided this does not cause boundary issues in the therapeutic relationship.
- I deliver collective care workshops throughout the year on a solidarity economy and donation basis.