Choya Roy MA, MBACP (Accred) Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
I am MBACP Accredited counsellor/psychotherapist and qualified supervisor. I have gained vast experience of working with individuals, young people and couples.
- I hold 18 years’ experience working as a counsellor/psychotherapist. My style derives from Person-Centred and Integrative approaches, allowing the process of therapy to be unique and tailored to suit each individual’s needs.
- Entering therapy is not an easy decision to take, yet, it can be of valuable help and support. Therapy can assist people to explore choices so that they can make positive changes to their life as well as improving their health and well being.
- My experience is in Mental Health, work related stress, anxiety, depression and bereavement. I am an accredited bereavement counsellor supporting people who have been bereaved.
- Having a Holistic approach allows me to listen attentively, and encourage clients to make positive changes by focusing on self worth and valuing their ability to develop and process a better well being.
- Over the years, I have seen a growth in therapy, working with a variety of individuals from different cultural backgrounds. I am a bilingual counsellor.
I offer a safe, confidential and comfortable place for my clients to share and explore.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cruse Bereavement Accredited Counsellor - 2015
- Foundation Degree in Special and additional Needs - 2008
- Certificate in Supervision - 2009
- MBACP Accreditation - 2006
- MA Counselling in the community - 2002
- Diploma in Counselling and Relations - 1999
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
I supervise professionals and students.
I am bereavement counsellor and I have experience in CBT and Mindfulness techniques.
I have practice in East Leeds and Bradford Centre.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Couples Counselling
- Humanistic Therapies
- Solution Focused and Brief Therapy
I offer evening and weekend sessions.
50 Minute Sessions:
My fee for individual is £40 - £50
Couples is £50 - £60
Students is £30 - £40
Supervision is £50 per hour and for students is £35 per hour.
Fees can be considered for low income.
My practice is East Leeds and Bradford Centre:
The train from Leeds takes approximately 15 minutes to East Garforth and a 3 minute walk to my practice.
Trains from Crossgates takes about 8 minutes to East Garforth/Garforth.
There are trains and bus routes to Bradford Centre which is easy reach to my practice on Thornton Road.
The 166/163 from bus stop i within a 5 minute walk.
The 19/19A is within a 3 minute walk.
Easy access from Motorway A1/M1 Link Road - Junction 46 or 47.