Choya Roy MA, MBACP (Accred) Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
Culture Fusion YMCA
125 Thornton Road
I am MBACP Accredited counsellor/psychotherapist and qualified supervisor. I have gained vast experience of working with individuals, young people and couples.
- I hold 18 years’ experience working as a counsellor/psychotherapist. My style derives from Person-Centred and Integrative approaches, allowing the process of therapy to be unique and tailored to suit each individual’s needs.
- Entering therapy is not an easy decision to take, yet, it can be of valuable help and support. Therapy can assist people to explore choices so that they can make positive changes to their life as well as improving their health and well being.
- My experience is in Mental Health, work related stress, anxiety, depression and bereavement. I am an accredited bereavement counsellor supporting people who have been bereaved.
- Having a Holistic approach allows me to listen attentively, and encourage clients to make positive changes by focusing on self worth and valuing their ability to develop and process a better well being.
- Over the years, I have seen a growth in therapy, working with a variety of individuals from different cultural backgrounds. I am a bilingual counsellor.
I offer a safe, confidential and comfortable place for my clients to share and explore.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cruse Bereavement Accredited Counsellor - 2015
- Foundation Degree in Special and additional Needs - 2008
- Certificate in Supervision - 2009
- MBACP Accreditation - 2006
- MA Counselling in the community - 2002
- Diploma in Counselling and Relations - 1999
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
I supervise professionals and students.
I am bereavement counsellor and I have experience in CBT and Mindfulness techniques.
I have practice in East Leeds and Bradford Centre.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Couples Counselling
- Humanistic Therapies
- Solution Focused and Brief Therapy
I offer evening and weekend sessions.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
50 Minute Sessions:
My fee for individual is £40 - £50
Couples is £50 - £60
Students is £30 - £40
Supervision is £50 per hour and for students is £35 per hour.
Fees can be considered for low income.
My practice is East Leeds and Bradford Centre:
The train from Leeds takes approximately 15 minutes to East Garforth and a 3 minute walk to my practice.
Trains from Crossgates takes about 8 minutes to East Garforth/Garforth.
There are trains and bus routes to Bradford Centre which is easy reach to my practice on Thornton Road.
The 166/163 from bus stop i within a 5 minute walk.
The 19/19A is within a 3 minute walk.
Easy access from Motorway A1/M1 Link Road - Junction 46 or 47.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 8.00pm Saturday Mornings 9.00 to 12.00pm I am flexible to suit individuals
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|