Chloe Goddard McLoughlin (Reg BACP, BA, Ad Dip, Dip) Counsellor/Psychotherapist
07764945011 / 07764945011
Whether you're are feeling stuck in life, experiencing anxiety or depression or perhaps struggling with relationship issues that can't be resolved, the good news is that these are common issues that counselling can help with.
I am an integrative counsellor and Psychotherapist and I work with couples and individuals using the three main proven approaches used within counselling - psychodynamic, person-centred (sometimes referred to as humanistic) and cognitive-behavioural. This gives you more choice and, in turn, creates the flexibility to flow with the different ways to move towards your personal goals.
I have experience working in the fields of trauma, sexual abuse, depression and anxiety and problem gambling.Counselling sessions are provided in a confidential, pleasant setting in Ranmoor, S10. I abide by the ethical framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Get in touch
I offer a free telephone consultation - to arrange this drop me a line via email or text/phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
Foundation Art Therapy - University of Sheffield
Cert Humanistic Integrative Counselling - CPPD Counselling School, London
Dip Humanistic Integrative Counselling - CPPD Counselling School, London
Advanced Dip Humanistic Integrative Counselling - CPPD Counselling School, London
Tavistock Relationships - March 2018 - One Day Training for working with couples approaching retirement
Safeguarding Everyone – Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk, North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board - September 2017:
12 hours training and skills practice in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at CPPD Counselling School
Theoretical skills and practice in Time Limited Counselling at CPPD Counselling School
12 hours teaching and skills practice in Psychiatry, Psychopathology and Psychodynamics at CPPD Counselling School
12 hours teaching and skills practice Working With Problem Gambling, GamCare
1 day Training in delivering 50+ MOT sessions to prepare for retirement with Tavistock Relationships
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Relationship Counselling & Couples Therapy.
Photos & videos
- £50 individual assessment
- £45 individual follow up counselling session
- £70 relationship counselling consultation . Follow up sessions cost £60.
What is counselling and psychotherapy?
I offer counselling for, both short term and long term in Sheffield and the surrounding areas. Counselling sets out to understand the underlying causes of a wide range of difficulties, which may sometimes be linked to a particular experience.
The aim of the counselling is lasting psychological change, brought about through increased insight. These changes include:
• Becoming more able to feel, identify and express emotions.
• Making connections (e.g. between feelings and behaviours or past and present experiences).
• Gaining a greater understanding of behaviours.
• Learning about alternative ways to process and express emotions.
• Re-evaluating perceptions and past experiences, this often leads to people becoming more self-accepting.
I can help you work through and overcome:
Childhood sexual abuse
Past traumatic events
Difficulties in relationships
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help you make sense of thoughts, feeling and ways of relating to yourself and others. All work is confidential.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Monday to Friday. Evening appointments sometimes available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|