Dr Cheryl Rezek
I'm a clinical psychologist with extensive experience in the field of mental health ranging from general life issues to more serious ones. I worked in the NHS and private sectors and had university attachments prior to moving into private practice.
Consultation & Individual Therapy:
I undertake consultation and therapy work and I'm also a trained mindfulness teacher so I'm able to combine the two, when appropriate. I work predominantly with adults but I do see children and adolescents for issues outside of school/education matters. The type of therapy offered is based on many years of experience and looks at you as a whole individual and the dynamic interaction of all of your life experiences.
Apart from individual therapy, I run workshops for the public (Life Happens) where I combine mindfulness and psychological concepts as a way of developing resilience and resourcefulness for managing life, including stress, depression, distress, anxiety, fear, addictions, parenting and so forth. They can also be adapted for specific groups such as healthcare professionals or carers, or for those living with pain conditions, MS, cancer or asthma, amongst others, as mindfulness has been shown to assist with symptoms associated with these conditions and their management.
In addition, I conduct workshops in the workplace for organisations using these concepts to assist with stress, absenteeism and work-life balance as well as adapting them for managers and leaders.
The workshops are based on mindfulness-based multidynamic therapy which is a combination of mindfulness-based stress reduction, the biopsychosocial model and psychodynamic concepts. This model is included in the BPS Mindfulness Guidelines.
Workshops are CPD approved by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
I offer supervision to qualified and training professionals as well as one-off or ongoing consultations.
I've written a number of books, Life Happens; Brilliant Mindfulness; Anxiety & Depression; Pain Management; Quit Smoking; Mindfulness for Carers; Monkey Mind & The Mountain (suitable for children too from 8 years of age). I use these as the foundation of the workshops. All are available from book sites/book shops in print form or my website as books or as EBooks. They are based on my model that includes psychological concepts, a biopsychosocial model and mindfulness. I also have an App entitled iMindfulness on the go which has been rated in the Top 20 from over 700 Apps.
FEES: Please read below.
Training, qualifications & experience
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology - chartered with the British Psychological Society (BPS 75158) and registered with the HCPC (PYL21308). Accredited Mindfulness teacher.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mental health trainings.
- Therapy sessions are 50 minutes.
- £120 per session. Please be aware that the fees reflect my level of training and experience.
- I'm registered with many health insurance companies so you may be able to claim depending on your policy. Please check with your insurer.
- 48 hours cancellation notice is required.
- Fees are payable at the end of each session by cash (unless prior arrangements have been made).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Thursday 9.00am - 1.00pm
Supervision & training
I have extensive experience supervising qualified and training professionals from a range of professions.View supervision profile