Charlotte Scudamore MBACP, Adv Dip Integrative Counselling
45 Queen St
I work with individuals both short and long term depending upon the nature of their difficulties. The people I work with are often experiencing emotional and relationship difficulties often causing high levels of anxiety and needing someone to help them think these through. My practise is to meet with people for an initial consultation in order to assess what kind of therapeutic help best meets what they need. In this meeting I would expect to discuss practical matters such as fees and availability as well as what would be the most suitable kind of help. If I am unable to help I refer on to where I think the person can best be helped.
I work in both Taunton and Exeter.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling at the Iron Mill, Exeter, (BACP Accredited Training Course)
- I have worked and still work as an Experienced Counsellor at Somerset Counselling Centre
- I work in private practice in both Taunton and Exeter
- I have experience working as a counsellor in the public sector and am currently working as an honourary psychotherapist for the Devon Partnership Trust in North DevonNHS.
- I am currently undertaking a Masters in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Practice and Research at the University of Exeter.
I am a member of the BACP and work within their ethical framework. I am also a member of the BPC.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- I charge £55 for an initial assessment which normally lasts about an hour and half and gives us a chance to talk things through and decide what is the best way forward. Sessions thereafter will be for 50 minutes on a weekly basis unless we decide together there is a want or need to more than once a week therapy.
- i charge £50 per session.
- I offer a couple of lower cost places and can offer one if I have availability. These are for those whose circumstances are such that they cannot manage the full fee. This can be discussed between us during the consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work in Taunton on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Exeter on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|