Welcome to my page.
I am a qualified and insured person-centred counsellor based in Hastings with experience of working with adults, children and young adults.
I am naturally very empathic and non-judgmental, and I believe in working collaboratively where we can create a supportive authentic therapeutic relationship, where I am able to offer you a safe and confidential space to explore your difficulties at your own pace. I am also able to be very versatile in my therapeutic approaches, to coincide with your individual needs, as I strongly believe in empowering my clients to reach their full potential.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) having a detailed understanding of their Professional Conduct and Ethical Framework, I apply these standards in my interactions with clients and other professionals. I have a sound knowledge of different types of therapy and their application to real-world settings, with a special interest in person-centred counselling, art therapy, experiential therapy and play therapy.
I also volanteer within other agencies which enables me to widen my experience and allows me to develop my private practice.
If you would like to know more about counselling and my services please feel free to contact me, I would love to hear from you. Charlotte
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and training.
- FdSc in science with merit in person-centred counselling
- Level 2 City&Guilds working with parents
- Level 2 NCFE in counselling skills
- 2-day workshop with Place2Be
- Anxiety in bereavement
- Restorative Justice facilitator certificate
- St Michaels and St Wilfrids bereavement training
- Working in private practice supporting children, young people and adults with a range of issues.
- I am a volunteer counsellor within a local charity I support individuals in dealing with issues of an emotional and psychological nature which impact on their ability to lead a satisfactory life.this service mainly offers counselling to people on benefits or low income who would otherwise struggle to access counselling.
- As a bereavement counsellor within St Michaels and St Wilfrids hospice I not only supported grieving adults but also provided pre-bereavement support for children, young adults and adults.
- I have supported children in schools on a one-to-one basis and facilitated groups in schools within my local area through both creative and talking therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Half hour initial session Free.
For one-to-one counselling it is £35 for a 50-minute session
For telephone counselling it is £35 for a 50-minute session
For children and young adults, it is £35 for a 50-minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible and I am happy to work around other commitments
Types of client