Welcome to my page,
I am a qualified person-centred counsellor in Hastings with experience of working with adults, children and young people. I offer a holistic and creative approach to therapy, where I have extensive training and experience working with a wide range of issues. Not only am I passionate in my belief that the focus is on the person, I also have faith in the client that they ultimately know themselves better than anyone. I too believe in working collaboratively where we can create a supportive authentic therapeutic relationship, to explore your troubles at your own pace in a safe and confidential space.
An extensive amount of my work has been around the issues of depression, feeling low, anxiety and bereavement. I am able to be very versatile in my therapeutic approaches, to coincide with the client’s individual needs, as I strongly believe in empowering my clients to reach their full potential. I also offer telephone counselling for those who would prefer this service
If you would like to know more about counselling and my services please feel free to contact me, I would love to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and training.
- FdSc in science with merit in person-centred counselling
- Level 2 City&Guilds working with parents
- Level 2 NCFE in counselling skills
- 2-day workshop with Place2Be
- Anxiety in bereavement
- Restorative Justice facilitator certificate
- St Michaels and St Wilfrids bereavement training
- Working in private practice supporting children, young people and adults with a range of issues.
- I am a volunteer counsellor within a local charity I support individuals in dealing with issues of an emotional and psychological nature which impact on their ability to lead a satisfactory life.this service mainly offers counselling to people on benefits or low income who would otherwise struggle to access counselling.
- As a bereavement counsellor within St Michaels and St Wilfrids hospice I not only supported grieving adults but also provided pre-bereavement support for children, young adults and adults.
- I have supported children in schools on a one-to-one basis and facilitated groups in schools within my local area through both creative and talking therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Half hour initial session Free.
For one-to-one counselling it is £35 for a 50-minute session
For telephone counselling it is £35 for a 50-minute session
For children and young adults, it is £35 for a 50-minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible and I am happy to work around other commitments
Types of client