Charlotte Beaumont - Psychotherapist & Counsellor, UKCP (accred)
I offer bespoke therapy for children, adolescents and adults, working both on a long-term and short-term basis. I understand that people come to therapy for many different reasons. Some may know what it is they want to work through, for others this may take time to pin point. I know that what ever has brought you to therapy will be of great importance to you and I will meet you with genuine interest, warmth and empathy.
- Getting started
Once you've made contact, we will arrange a convenient time to meet. You may be nervous and that's ok, I understand it can be a big step. We will begin with an an introduction and assessment session (no therapy takes place at this stage) so that i can get a feel for where you are at and what you're seeking from therapy. This also gives opportunity for us to get to know each other and see if we are a good fit to work together. If the dynamic is comfortable we will contract for further sessions. It may be that we agree on a fixed amount of sessions or look to work on an open ended basis, depending on what is required.
- How I work
As an integrative therapist with a core training model in Transactional Analysis, I combine a number of therapeutic modalities and techniques to help you get the best out of your therapy journey. My specialism is working with children and adolescents but I am happy to work with all ages. I provide a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings and your story so far.
Whether you're an adult, a child or somewhere in between, I am happy to work creatively using a range of different media. This can be a great way to work when words are few or hard to find.
We will work together to explore your current situation/difficulties and look at what it is you really want out of your relationships and life. The more motivated you are to participate in the work, the more likely you are to benefit. As the work together progresses we will have regular reviews to ensure you are achieving what you want from therapy and to reflect on how you are finding the experience.
I believe the relationship between therapist and client is key and when it's good fit, great therapeutic work can be done. Therefore, it's important you to find a therapist you feel comfortable working with and that the relationship feels right for you. If I feel I'm not the right therapist for you, I will talk this through with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained on an accredited course (BACP/UKCP) with the Northern Guild of Psychotherapy gaining the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Psychotherapy (2018, post grad)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (2016, equivalent to a degree)
- 5 years of clinical experience
- I worked as a volunteer counsellor for 2 years in both CAMHS and Place2Be
- 3 years experience working with adult carers
- I have worked in several schools within the North East
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis 101
- Ongoing annual CPD
I currently hold membership with:
- Northern Guild of Psychotherapy
- Registered and accredited member of UKCP
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Initial assessments - £45
- Individual adult therapy session - £45
- Individual child therapy session - £50
- Payment should be made at the beginning of each session by cash/bank transfer or card. (Please note, there is a £1 transaction fee for the use of the card machine).
- Sessions are for 50 minutes and usually on a weekly basis.
Please note, if you are unable to attend a session without giving 48 hours notice, fees will still be payable.
As a registered member of the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy), I am bound by their professional ethical codes of conduct and committed to offering a service that meets these standards. I also have an enhanced DBS Certificate.
I am best contacted via email and will endeavour to reply as soon as I am available to do so.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Durham: Mon & Fri (afternoons)
Newcastle: Thurs (late morn/afternoon) I may be able to accommodate other times/days.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|