Sometimes it can all feel like too much. When you're struggling to keep up with day to day pressures, you can wake up feeling anxious about the day, before it has even started. You can feel angry and frustrated at those around you, sometimes for the most insignificant things. You can stay awake at night replaying everything you feel you've ever done wrong and wondering when you'll ever feel at peace again. It doesn't seem to make sense, and you feel exhausted and frazzled just thinking about it.
Well, I'm here to listen and I'd like to be able to give you the space to piece this all together.
I’m an Integrative Counsellor working with psychodynamic and person-centred modalities. What this means is that by coming to counselling with me you'll be able to talk through what's on your mind in a judgement free, confidential and empathetic environment. Sometimes it may feel relevant to talk through your past to further understand what’s happening for you now. All of this will be done at your own pace and led by you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Accredited Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TCL4)
- CPCAB Accredited Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CSTL3)
- CPCAB Accredited Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSKL2)
- ACTO approved Online and Telephone Counselling Qualification
- Additional training in eating disorders and body image
- Experience working with young people (ages 12-25) through Time to Talk Newbury
- Experience working with individuals (ages 19+) at BIMM University in London
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
- Initial consultation fee is £35 for an hour assessment
- After that all sessions are £50 each
- All fees to be paid in advance of sessions via bank transfer
Concessions offered for
My working times are: - Tuesday evenings 5:30pm-9:30pm - Saturdays 8am-6pm