Lilly Yates Art Psychotherapist - (Charlene L A Yates)
Lilly Yates, Art Psychotherapist BAHons, MA, HCPC, BAAT
‘Art therapy helped me to find my voice and to feel heard. It brought hope.’
Art therapy client, anonymous female aged 15
I am a qualified Art Psychotherapist and Artist. I absolutely love colour, being outside and painting landscapes when I have the time. I am passionate about helping children, teenagers and adults through difficult times in their lives by using art to allow a story to be told and for us to talk about it.
Art is a great creative way to think through and process challenging experiences and difficulties. Art Therapy is ideal to help with emotional and mental health issues but it is also of much wider benefit to anyone who would like to explore self-expression & discovery, for all ages.
I provide a safe, contained therapeutic space with a range of art materials for your son, daughter or yourself if you wish to use them.
Sessions are available in the daytime, in addition to evenings and weekends by arrangement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- NHS Family Interventions (Family Therapy): Postgraduate diploma University of Surrey
- MA Art Psychotherapy – Goldsmiths University of London - 2012-2014
- BA HONS Fine Art – University of the Creative Arts, Canterbury - 2007-2010
- Regulated by Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) and I abide by the Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Practice set by British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT).
- DBS checked
- I can work within the legal framework of Child Protection issues and Vulnerable Adult Procedures.
I have extensive experience working with children, teenagers, adults and families/carers with a range of emotional and mental health issues. These include attachment difficulties, autism, abuse, anxiety, bullying, depression, self-harming, social difficulties, OCD, relationship difficulties, bereavement, trauma and psychosis.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual Art Therapy: £50 per hour.
(Includes art materials, set up, room hire & admin)
Group Art Therapy: £90-110 per group for 1.5 hour session (12 people maximum).
(Includes set up & set down, room hire and admin)
*Concessions are available for those on benefits, students or trainee Art Psychotherapists / counsellors.
Specialist areas / interests:
- Attachment Difficulties:
- Parenting/ Family difficulties
- Looked After & Adopted Children (LAC)
- Adolescent & Children
- Anger/ Aggression Issues
- Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / (ADD)
- Cultural Difficulties
- Eating Disorders
- Identity Issues
- Learning Disabilities
- Neurological Conditions & Difficulties
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Self Expression & Discovery
- Selective Mutism
- Sexual Abuse
- Special Needs
I can arrange to meet at a private therapy space (clinic) in Hove or I can come to your home.
Sessions are confidential.