Charity Moss DipHE Psychodynamic Counselling, MBACP
Walton On Thames
I am a qualified and experienced psychodynamic counsellor offering both short and long term counselling. My practice is in a quiet location and offers a safe and welcoming space for you to explore your current difficulties.
There may be many reasons why you might be considering counselling. You may be experiencing a major life event, personal crisis or challenge and may be finding it difficult to work through this on your own. Counselling is useful for anyone who is interested in exploring their inner thoughts and feelings and wishing to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and a greater level of self awareness.
As a therapist I have experience working with adults in community based counselling services in London and Hampshire and have also worked therapeutically with children within a primary school setting.
I have a particular interest in perinatal mental health and have experience working in a postnatal counselling service working with postnatal depression, postnatal PTSD and birth trauma.
I have experience helping people who are struggling with a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, bereavement, depression, low self esteem, infertility, miscarriage, identity and stress.
Prior to training as a counsellor I spent over 10 years working in Human Resources for a number of organisations in the voluntary and higher education sector. I have also worked in a consultative capacity for a number of small charities in the voluntary sector delivering coaching, mentoring, mediation and outplacement support.
If you are feeling anxious, depressed or unable to cope with your present situation and would like to talk to a counsellor, please do get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Diploma of Higher Education in Psychodynamic Counselling, University of Surrey
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Masters degree in Personnel and Development, University of Westminster
- Mediation Practitioners Certificate
- Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Skills
As a registered member of the BACP I am committed to undertaking further training and professional development to further enhance my knowledge and clinical practice.
- Insecure attachment: Working with adults in the consulting room
- Thinking about couples
- The early bonds of mutual love
- Becoming a mother: Working with the psychological transition into motherhood
- Becoming a father: Working with the psychological transition into fatherhood
- Family and Psyche in the 21st Century
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy with medically symptomatic patients
- The disintegrating self: Understanding and working with adults with ADHD and/or Autistic Spectrum traits
- Safeguarding children
- Working with metaphor
- Helping children to tell their stories
- Working therapeutically with disordered eating
- Understanding Development - Adolescence (The Tavistock Centre, London)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
My fees are £55 for a 50 minute session.
I am based in Walton on Thames, a short walk from Hersham station. Off street parking is also available.
How to get started
If you are interested in arranging an initial session please contact me by telephone or email. At the initial session I will invite you to discuss what brings you to counselling and allow you the space to ask any questions you may have about the counselling process.
If you are happy to continue we will set up a second session and from then on meet once a week, at the same time each week. Each session lasts for 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client