A warm welcome to you. I am a fully qualified, experienced and professional counsellor. I am a counsellor who is registered and accredited by the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
How are you feeling today?
Does life feel like it's getting on top of you? Could you benefit from taking a 50-minute time-out from your busy weekly schedule? What might it be like to...…
- pause, breathe, and be present
- to explore your thoughts and feelings with a counsellor at a pace that feels possible for you
- to work with a therapist to extend and gain new coping strategies
- to be grounded, have clarity in the present, to gain confidence, and get back on a front foot again
I am a counsellor who is committed to providing therapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. As a therapist, I offer a gentle and welcoming approach where you will feel safe and supported. To find out how I can help, then please contact me.
I am an experienced therapist who has worked extensively with bereavement and loss, both within bereavement organisations and a hospice. I am also a counsellor who has experience in supporting people through all life's issues, including:
- Bereavement and loss
- Extending coping strategies
- Family issues
- Relationship issues
About my counselling approach
I am an integrative counsellor which means that I draw on a number of different approaches to inform my practice. As every person is unique, not everybody works in the same way. I work in a way that is professional, empathic, warm and attentive.
I offer a gentle and welcoming approach. My genuine and honest way of being, relating with openness and warmth, aims to help you find a way of moving forward at a pace that feels possible for you. I work in a way that is professional, empathic, warm and attentive.
Connecting with me
If any of this resonates with you, then you are welcome to reach-out and message me.
We will then aim to schedule a brief telephone conversation at an agreed time to talk through potential practical next steps. I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
Catrin is a fully qualified counsellor (MBACP) with a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative). Catrin is registered and accredited by the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
Catrin also has a BSc (hons) degree in Psychology from the Open University. She additionally holds an MPhil degree from the University of Cambridge.
Safe and ethical practice
Catrin is committed to maintaining best counselling practice through continuous professional development and regularly attending clinical supervision.
Continuous professional development has included further training in working with bereavement, loss, end of life care, and Somatic Trauma Therapy. Catrin adheres to the BACP’s Ethical Framework.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I draw on international experience of supporting people gained in the Red Cross War Memorial Hospital in South Africa, and at Hospice Casa Sperantei in Romania.
Photos & videos
What is the fee?
The fee for each session is £50 payable by cash at each counselling session. Counselling sessions usually take place at a set day, time and place each week.
What happens in your initial appointment?
- The initial appointment is a 50-minute assessment session. This gives you the opportunity to experience my therapeutic approach without any obligation to continue, and to ask any questions you may have.
- There will be an opportunity for you to reflect on what brings you to counselling and what you hope to gain from therapy.
- Towards the end of the initial appointment, we will reflect on how you have experienced the session and what it felt like for you.
- After this, if we decide to work together, we would then discuss arrangements for future sessions and agree on how we would work together going forward. These arrangements would then be reviewed between us regularly.
What are the next steps?
If any of this resonates with you, you're most welcome to reach-out and connect with me We will then aim to schedule a brief telephone conversation at an agreed time to talk through potential practical next steps. I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.
You're welcome to message me to talk through any questions you may have.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings & weekends
Types of client