Cathy Bosworth BA (Hons), MSc, Registered MBACP
Sometimes we need a sanctuary from the storm. Counselling can be that; a place of warmth and acceptance where you can be heard and understood. I will work with you at your pace, to help you understand your self, your actions and your needs and find a way forward.
Therapy can help many people find peace and wellbeing through greater self-acceptance and a stronger sense of identity.
"Strong roots help us weather the storm."
Counselling can be daunting and it is really important to feel comfortable with the person you are working with. I offer a free of charge 30 minute initial appointment for us to meet and see how we can work together.
Counselling is currently available at two locations:
- Guilsborough Village, Northamptonshire NN6.
- Desborough NN14.
Sessions are 50 minutes in length and cost £40 for individuals and £50 for couples.
Please contact me by email, text or voicemail. I will aim to reply within 24 hours as I am usually unable to answer the phone when I am working.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a person-centred counsellor. I qualified in 2011, and received a First Class Honours Degree in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Warwick in 2012. I also received a Masters of Science with Merit in Mindfulness and Compassion from Coventry University in 2018. I also have a PGCE, counselling supervision qualification and mindfulness teacher training certificate.
My counselling experience includes private practice since 2013, as well as work in a hospice, charity for survivors of abuse, and secondary schools. I have helped clients with a broad range of issues, such as low self-esteem, relationship difficulties, abuse, bereavement, depression, and anxiety.
I am also a counselling tutor and mindfulness trainer. I have led mindfulness courses in corporate, educational and private settings. These can be tailored to specific requirements, from day retreats to four, six and eight week courses.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and adhere to their standards and ethics.
- Foundation for infant loss training
- Mindfulness and changing the experience of pain
- Understanding substance misuse
- Understanding anxiety
- Introduction to somatic experiencing
- Working with couples in counselling
- Mindfulness based stress reduction
- Creative approaches to working with clients
- Counselling & psychotherapy with clients who use drugs & alcohol
- Counselling & psychotherapy with clients who have been abused
- Counselling & psychotherapy with clients who have psychological disorders
- Introduction to counselling in complicated grief
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pregnancy and birth
Individual Counselling - £40 per 50 minutes.
Couples Counselling - £50 per 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client