Catherine Leder BA, UKCP Reg.
07980 063710 / 07980063710
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist with over 30 years experience. My training includes Humanistic and Psychodynamic psychotherapy. I have worked with clients who are suffering from anxiety, trauma, bereavement, grief and loss; problematic relationships; professional and personal life transitions.
If you are experiencing panic, anxiety, depression, grief, anger, sadness – talking to someone may help you start to make sense of these feelings and lessen their impact on you. It’s worth noting that some people feel cut off from their emotions, resulting in numbness or a sense of emptiness. If this is true for you, we can work together to help you reconnect with yourself.
Therapy may include
- Talking about whatever is on your mind today
- Taking time to allow your feelings out
- Telling your life story and reviewing significant experiences you've had
- Considering your personal identity and sense of empowerment in the world
- Exploring how you make and sustain relationships
- Mapping your dreams, memories and personal reflections on life
Therapy may be time limited or open ended.
- A time limited therapy can give you a taste of how therapy works. Time limited therapy can be useful for examining a specific problem. Knowing the length of the work can provide focus and motivation for you. Twelve sessions provides a good amount of time to develop some understanding of your situation.
- Open-ended therapy is useful for a wide-ranging exploration in which you may discover aspects of yourself you haven't thought about before. No fixed end point is agreed at the beginning. Sometimes a year makes up a good cycle of exploration, although more detailed work may extend for five or six years. Whatever the length of therapy, our agreement can be reviewed at any point.
How to start
I like to arrange an initial face to face meeting in which you can tell me about yourself, get a sense of how I work and ask questions about my professional background. We can talk about meeting times and my fee. Usually its a good idea to go away and think about our meeting for a few days before making up your mind about whether to start therapy.
I am based in London NW6.
My consulting room is a dedicated, reliable and confidential space.
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
Sessions may be scheduled weekly or twice-weekly at a time reserved for you. Cancelled sessions must be paid for; however, I may be able to offer you an alternative to your usual session time at no extra charge.
I'm committed to working with people of all genders, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.
I practice confidentiality within the terms of the UKCP Code of Ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BA in Anthropology. My studies of human culture as well as having lived in several different countries, have led me to appreciate diversity. As a psychotherapist I have worked with clients from many different backgrounds.
I completed a four-year training in Biodynamic Psychology in 1980. My training included in depth practice of a range of Humanistic styles, study of somatic processes of the body, and the character analysis theory of Wilhelm Reich. This training was very good preparation for working with clients who have experienced trauma or have panic attacks.
I have developed my personal integration as a psychotherapist through short courses, seminars and supervision at The Minster Centre, Institute of Group Analysis and The Squiggle Foundation, among others. These trainings focussed on the formation of the self and relationships between people. Many clients feel the need to explore and resolve challenging relationships.
I've been a student of Tai chi Chu'an since 1974. The Taoist principles of perseverance, balance and compassion inform my work.
I also have over 20 years’ experience providing supervision for psychotherapists and counsellors individually and in groups working in a range of settings including private practice, schools, GP practices, NHS units.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I operate a sliding scale of fees between £65-£80 for individual sessions.
Couples sessions last one hour and 15 minutes and cost £110.
I am committed to working with people of all genders, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientation.
I follow the UKCP Code of Ethics.
My practice is a short walk from West Hampstead Underground station (Jubilee Line), Thameslink and London Overground. Bus routes include 138, 328, C11.16 and 332.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a UKCP approved supervisor with over 20 years’ experience providing supervision for psychotherapists and counsellors individually and in groups, working in a range of settings including private practice, schools, GP practices, NHS units.View supervision profile