I am an experienced, qualified psychotherapist and counsellor who has worked with people across a wide range of issues.
I offer a safe, private space where you can talk about what is concerning you and I will listen to you without judgement.
I believe the ultimate role of therapy is to enable you to really understand yourself - to explore how your thinking and feeling influences your behaviours and ultimately relationships. From a place of greater understanding positive changes can be made and thus a more effective way of living can be found.
Psychotherapy and counselling requires effort and may seem scary if you have never done it before; but it can also be interesting, life enhancing, empowering - a very positive experience.
I work in my private practice in Alresford, in Alresford GP Practice and in a Southampton clinic with Adults, INDIVIDUALS and COUPLES across a diverse range of personal issues and challenges.
Please feel free to contact me via phone or email and we can arrange an initial appointment to meet up and talk about how and when we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered psychotherapist with UKCP
- Certified Transactional analyst (CTA), MSC
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (AMBACP)
- Specialist fertility counsellor, accredited with the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA)
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic counselling based on transactional Analysis
- TA 101
- Diploma in Counselling skills
- TA 101 in Couples counselling
- Certificates in Couples Counselling and Infertility Counselling
- BA Hons (History)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Secondary)
I have worked with adults of all ages, from students through to senior citizens, across a wide range of issues both long-term and short-term.
I have specialist counselling training and experience in infertility, donor and surrogacy issues.
I abide by the UKCP, BACP and BICA code of ethics and I am CRB checked.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have specialist training in working across a wide range of fertility issues.
My fees are:
- Individuals £55 for 50 minute session
- Couples £65 for 60 minute sessions
An initial meeting can be arranged to give us a chance to get to know each other. Here you'll have the opportunity to explain what you'd like to gain from counselling, and also to ask me any questions about how I work.
There is no obligation to proceed, but if we both feel it is right, counselling sessions will then take place once a week.
Counselling may be short term (around 6 weeks) or more long term depending on what we agree will be suitable. We can review timings at any point throughout our counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client