Catherine Cox MBACP Accred
I am a person centred counsellor and work in a way that recognises and values each person as a unique individual. You will have time and space to experience your feelings in a peaceful and non judgmental environment. I provide a safe space where together we can explore what changes you could make.
- You may be having relationship problems or have experienced the loss of someone close to you
- You may be having difficulties at work
- You may feel depressed and unable to cope.
- You may suffer from an eating disorder.
- You may self harm.
- You may be experiencing panic attacks and feeling of anxiety.
- You may have suffered physical or mental abuse,
- You maybe a carer under strain and with no one to turn to.
- You may feel life is not worth living.
- You may be struggling with your sexuality.
- You may be an adult survivor of child sex abuse
If you would like to know more, please contact me.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework and my foremost concern is for your emotional wellbeing.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have an Advanced Diploma in Counselling and am accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Training and am a graduate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
I also have a BA in English Literature and History.
I have worked as a professional counsellor for 15 years. I work with adults and have worked extensively with young people over the age of 11 years.
My work in the voluntary sector has focused on carers and those with mental health issues as well as adult survivors of child sex abuse.
I am DBS (formerly CRB) checked.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mental health issues
My charges are £45 per individual session, payable at the end of each session. Each session lasts for 50 minutes.
I charge £70 for couples, for a 60 minutes session.
A 10% discount is available for 6 sessions or more payable in advance.
Concessions available for low/unwaged and students
I accept cash or cheques.
I am experienced in working with student counsellors.
I also work with NHS staff.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
New clients are welcome
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|