07532 050124 / 07532 050124
- Are you struggling with what is happening for you at the moment?
- Are you confused about your feelings - maybe not in a good place right now?
- Challenges in our lives such as anxiety, depression, relationship breakdown, friends abandoning us, student life, new responsibilities in the family or work situations can leave us feeling confused and in a tough place.
I am a qualified psychotherapist / counsellor offering appointments that include evenings and Sat mornings. I also offer telephone counselling.
I have helped people with low self-esteem, performance and study anxiety, low wellbeing at work, relationship breakdowns, divorce, anxiety, depression, bereavement, grief, shame, and feeling that you are not in the place you want to be in life. Having lived abroad I have experience in the grief of relocation and loss of a sense of belonging.
I trained in person-centred or humanistic counselling meaning our time together will not be about offering a pre-determined life-fix but involve listening to you and your unique experiences. I bring integrity and warmth to my work and offer you unconditional acceptance.
Many of us aim to cope with difficult experiences such as relationship issues, anxiety, depression, life changes at home, pressures at work, and emotions such as anger, depression, bereavement, isolation, and low self-esteem by ourselves. However, it is being accompanied by a trained therapist where your realities are taken seriously, that facilitates your personal power, building self-esteem, to support your confidence to find new ways of being you.
I am a registered therapist with the BACP (MBACP) with a home-based private practice, close to Shrewsbury Hospital and very convenient to/from Telford via the A5 with off-road private parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
I offer short-term and long-term work face-to-face or via telephone counselling.
I have worked in senior management roles and held a number of Board positions. My qualifications include
- a post-graduate Diploma in Counselling (University of East Anglia)
- an MA in Counselling (University of East Anglia)
- a Master's in Philosophy (Birmingham University)
- a post-graduate Diploma in Theology (Birmingham University)
- a post-graduate Diploma in Management Studies (West Wilts FE College)
- Bachelor of Arts Hons (University College, London University)
I hold an enhanced DBS.
I can offer you support in dealing with stress, grief, loss, anger, depression, anxiety, relationship pain, friendship concerns, self-esteem issues, self-harming, geographical and cultural dis-location, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, and being in conflict – both with others and yourself.
I regularly work with students and young adults, with people in grief and loss, with people looking to connect with the self they really want to be, and with people struggling with stress in the work place.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Working with young people and students
Day time sessions: £38
Evening and Saturday mornings: £42
I am a registered individual member (MBACP) with the national professional body, the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – Membership Number 851557, Registration Number 375456. You can visit www.bacp.co.uk/search/Register to find evidence of my listing.
I work in accordance with the BACP’s ethical guidelines and professional processes. As required for practicing counsellors/psychotherapists, I attend supervision regularly.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions are available in some evenings and Saturday mornings, as well as during working daytime hours. Two minutes to A5 - very convenient for Shrewsbury, Telford, and rural Shropshire.
Types of client