As a qualified BACP registered counsellor, I have experience of working with young people and adults in a holistic, person centred way. I have experience of working with clients of varying ages with a range of issues such as bereavement, childhood, loss, trauma, anxiety, depression and abuse.
I see each person as an individual, acknowledging and respecting the courage it takes to open up and talk about your feelings. I am able to provide a safe and comfortable space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings in a non-judgemental environment. I also offer telephone and online counselling sessions if this is something that works better for you. I believe that you are the expert in your life and I am here to help you realise that.
Training, qualifications & experience
In a previous life before Counselling, I have worked in a variety of educational roles leading me to have 20 years experience of working with children and young people. This, alongside having 2 teenagers of my own, has led me to having an interest in and passion for Creative Therapy as an alternative way to help people express themselves and this is something that I use working with clients if requested.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Warrington College
- Online and Telephone Counselling Course - CPD
- Creative Arts Training - CPD
- Safeguarding and Prevent
- Trauma Level 1 (An introduction to A.C.E Trauma) - CPD
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Level 2
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£35.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
- Individual sessions cost £35
- I have a limited number of concessionary rate sessions available (from £25)
- I offer a free initial 30 minute no obligation introductory session. This can be face to face, telephone or online, whichever best suits your needs. The initial session will give us the opportunity to meet each other and look at what you would like to get out of counselling. If you're happy to continue, then we will book the first proper session. Sessions are usually carried out on a weekly basis unless agreed otherwise.
- Discounts on block bookings are available.
Limited appointments may be available outside of the above working hours. I offer weekend and evening appointments. All appointments are bookable.
I am a registered member of the BACP.
I offer face to face, online and telephone counselling.