Carolyn Marsh BA (Hons), Dip Psych, UKCP
I am an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor which means that I am trained in the various models of psychotherapeutic understanding, as there can be more than one approach in order to gain insight into an issue. It could involve looking back into the past to find the cause, staying in the present to find the qualities needed for resolving an issue, and looking towards the spiritual aspect which can be the purpose and guide for the work. The focus of my training was in the transpersonal model of psychotherapy which integrates mind body and spirit. My focus is based on the client, where they would like to begin and what issues they want to address.
As a psychotherapist I offer a confidential, non-judgemental space in which to work alongside a client exploring issues in order to gain understanding and insights,better ways to cope, changes to behaviour, and the discovery, acceptance and integration of disowned aspects of who we are which results in a more authentic way of being.
I specialise in trauma and bereavement by suicide. I also work with other issues such as depression, anxiety, addiction, stress, anger, and bereavement.
I have been seeing clients since 2011 in Buckinghamshire and London. My work can include visualisations and dream exploration in order to gain a deeper understanding of the issues presented. I can also integrate cognitive behavioural techniques into the work if necessary. Currently I am training in eye movement desensitisation reprocessing (EMDR) which is evidence based and recognised by the NHS. This involves using a series of eye movements which aims to reduce a client's distress and strengthen adaptive beliefs relating to a traumatic event. EMDR can enable the brain to process a traumatic memory in a natural way.
I work with individuals and offer daytime and evening appointments in Beaconsfield, Bucks and London W2. I am accredited with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and abide by the UKCP code of ethics
Prior to training as a psychotherapist, I worked in the retail sector for over thirty years as a manager, buyer, and representative. I lived in the United States for twenty years and ran my own business for ten years.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy- Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education. Validated by the University of Northampton. Four year course (2014)
- Counselling Foundation Course- Bucks Adult Education National Open College Network. One year course (2010)
- EMDR Training, parts 1&3 (2018)
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Self-Harm and Suicide workshop (2018)
- Systemic/ Family Constellation Therapy workshop (2018)
- Attachment Summit: Working with Trauma Attachment and Resilience (2018)
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice workshop (2017)
- Healing Complex Trauma workshop (2017)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy workshop (2017)
- Mindfulness and EMDR workshop (2017)
- Internal Family Systems workshop (2017)
- Working with Addiction from a Transpersonal Perspective workshop (2016)
- Riverside ECHG. Supported housing for homeless men and woman. I provide psychotherapy for clients starting in 2013, and continue with this work which now includes group supervision for staff members in High Wycombe and Aylesbury.
- FreshStart. Low cost counselling and psychotherapy for clients of all age groups and backgrounds in London. (2013-2016)
- Psychiatric Observational Placement at the Tindal Centre, Aylesbury Bucks. A mental health hospital for Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire mental health NHS. (2012)
- Buckinghamshire Mind. I provided befriending support for clients. (2011)
- BA (Hons) History, Leeds University. (1978)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Bereavement by Suicide
Photos & videos
Individual sessions £45 for a one hour session, Beaconsfield Bucks (daytime/evenings) Monday-Thursday.
Individual sessions £60 for a 50 minute session, London W2 (daytime/evenings) Friday.
It is important to find a psychotherapist you are comfortable working with, and I offer a thirty minute consultation at no charge in order for you to make that decision.
Parking is available on the driveway of my home in Beaconsfield Bucks. I am within easy walking distance from public transport.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday, daytime and evening appointments. Friday, London W2 daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client