- I work in a non-judgemental way. I help to clarify any anxious problematic aspects of your life whatever they might be and through talking together, enable you to develop a greater understanding of yourself.
- This will enable you to reconnect with the emotional intelligence you already possess. Working together we establish greater recognition of your resources, empowering you to meet the challenges of your life and to make better, safer choices.
- I work with mental issues such as depression, panic attacks, anxiety, relationship issues, alcoholism, bereavement and loss.
- I work in private practice from counselling rooms and my private rooms in The Portobello clinic in off the Portobello road.
- For more details visit my Linkedin profile site or visit my website www.carolineweiland.com
As well as working in W10 and W11, I can also see clients in Bradford-on-Avon, BA15, by arrangement.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Bsc science degree in Psychology and have completed the Post Graduate Diploma/MA at Regent's University and then went on to the Advanced Diploma in Existential Therapy in 2014.
I am now full accredited with both the BACP and UKCP and work to their ethical guidelines
www.bacp.co.uk and ukcp.com.
I have worked at the West London Centre for Counselling seeing IAPT referred clients for anxiety and depression for short term therapy.I previously worked at MIND in Hammersmith and Fulham for two years working with long term clients.
I held an honorary contract as the Bereavement counsellor to Maternity and saw women and couples referred from both Queen Charlotte's and St.Mary's hospital in my private practice. I specialise in traumatic delivery,miscarriages termination and neonatal loss and stillbirth. I am hoping to complete a Qualitative MA research dissertation on how woman make meaning of a neonatal loss or stillbirth.
I now work part-time in the Imperial NHS trust as the Bereavement counsellor for COSMIC on the Paediatric unit at St.Mary's hospital seeing bereaved families and adults after the death of a baby or child.
I am in private practice at The Portobello clinic in Notting Hill.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I specialise in working with couples together and separately who have experienced a stillbirth or the death of a baby or child.
- Losses such as the experience of miscarriage, cot death and terminations can be a very painful for both the mother, father, grandparents and siblings.
- I also work with forms of loss that we all experience in life , such as bereavement, divorce, redundancy, moving house, menopause, retirement and children leaving home.
I like to have an initial consultation on the phone first and can be contacted by email or by text
My terms and conditions are on my website - www.carolineweiland.com
I charge between £60-120 per session and each session is fifty-five minutes long.
I can make special financial concessions by mutual agreement.
I can work therapuetically online and on the telephone.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client