Caroline Taylor M.A. Relationship Therapy, MBACP, Counsellor/Psychotherapist
2 Thornton Row (in Action First)
East Riding Of Yorkshire
01405 949134 / 07561 840 482
Welcome to this site - my name is Caroline Taylor and thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.
A bit about me
If you are struggling with life at the moment, talking things through with someone who is trained to listen and give support, can really help.
Everyone has problems from time to time in their life, relationships, work or family. We all deserve support to work things through.
I specialise in working with relationships between people:
- These relationships might be in a marriage with a spouse, or partner, but also with a parent, child, friend, work colleague or someone who has died.
- You can come as a couple, or alone.
- Couples sometimes come when they want to end the relationship, in the best way possible.
- Grief is about building a different relationship with the person who is no longer alive, but still a part of you and your life.
- This might be an issue in your life now, or in the past.
- You are always welcome to bring a friend or family member if that feels like it would be of help.
Things between people can get overwhelming: your communication, anger, misunderstandings, arguments, loneliness, sex, affairs and betrayal, separation and divorce. These are just a few things that clients regularly need support with.
I have years of relationship therapy experience working with Relate - The Relationship People - all over Yorkshire. I have NHS training, worked as a nurse and currently counsel NHS clients, completed training with St Leonard's Hospice in York, as well as working with MIND and CAMHS.
Lots of us don't have a network of people around to turn to. We might want to keep our issue private from others, or, we are scared that our friends and family are fed up with our story and want us to move on and forget. That can feel very lonely. Being in a relationship where you aren't able to communicate what you need and feel can be the loneliest place.
Different techniques in counselling (and Mindfulness) can help you understand, cope with and change things such as rage, anxiety, depression, bereavement and grief, self-esteem problems and panic attacks.
I also have specialised training in working with Young People and regularly see problems such as panic, self harm and generalised anxiety disorder. As well as private practice, I work as a college and university counsellor, and have worked in schools with MIND and CAMHS. I have worked in Education, at both Primary and Secondary levels.
I am qualified to see family groups.
You might be nervous about coming to see a counsellor, or a partner or family member might be asking you to come and you are not sure that you want to. Lots of people feel like that. I would always say, it is worth giving it a go. We use the first session to help you decide if it feels right for you.
Where am I?
I am able to offer appointments from a professional clinic at Action First, Snaith, easily accessible from lots of towns in Yorkshire, including:
Selby, Goole, Howden, Eggborough, Rawcliffe, Drax, Pontefract, York, Doncaster, Thorne, Wakefield, Thorne, Castleford, Pollington, Thorne and surrounding areas.
Access from the M62, A19, M18 and A63 is easy. My room is a comfortable and relaxing place for you to spend time in. Parking is available on the nearby high street and car park.
Training, qualifications & experience
A bit about my training, qualifications & experience - but feel free to ask me for further details
- MA in Relationship Therapy - Distinction (Hull University and The Relate Institute)
- MA in Education (The University of York)
- Therapeutic Counselling Skills for Young People (The Centre for Child Mental Health)
- Trauma-Focussed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Children and Young People with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Anna Freud National Centre of Children and Families)
- Professional Development training in many subjects including: suicide, self harm, sexual abuse, addiction, sexual addiction
- Registered General Nurse (qualified with the NHS in London 1990)
- Relate Trained
- I currently counsel at Askham Bryan College York with young people and adults
- I trained with the Samaritans
- Safeguarding Level 1 training
- I have a current, enhanced DBS (CRB) certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Prices for sessions - are for 1 hour
- £40 individual and couple
- £50 family
- £35 young person
- £35 student
Couple and Family Concessions may be available for daytime appointments.
Concessions for Young Person appointments may also be available, dependent on circumstances.
EAP by arrangement.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available Monday to Saturday, by arrangement
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|