Caroline Hewitt/Centred Counselling (Reg MBACP, Dip.Couns)
Sometimes in this fast paced life we lose track of who we are and what we genuinely want for ourselves, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and stuck. This often creates anxiety/depression, which then impacts on self-esteem and decision making. In times of extreme stress its possible to dissociate which can be frightening and confusing.
In my practice I can offer you a space where you can begin to unpick and share aloud what is happening for you, even if your not sure. Though it often doesn’t feel like it, I believe that each person is unique and has an innate ability towards healing and in my role as a counsellor I will endeavour to journey alongside you as you discover this for yourself.
I can offer a safe confidential space where I will carefully listen and help you explore what is happening for you. I will use my counselling skills and training to help you reach your goals. I am sensitive to how emotions and thoughts can be difficult and overwhelming and can support you through your process at a pace that is safe and feels right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Practitioners Certificate in Effective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory Jan 2017
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- National Diploma in Social Care
- Level 3 ELKLAN (Speech and Language)
Other Relevant Training:
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery – PODS
- Working with Relational Trauma – PODS
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation – PODS Oct
- Living and working with Dissociation – PODS
- Working with Personality Adaptations – Helen Manning
- STORM – Self Injury CAMHS
- Personality disorders – Helen Manning
- STORM – Suicide prevention training aimed at young people CAMHS
- Samaritans training 2013 (Samaritans volunteer for 1 year)
- Mental Health and Young People CAMHS
- Intro to Understanding Psychological Trauma
- Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health CAMHS
- GDPR, Prevent, Safeguarding, Fire Safety
I have extensive experience of supporting clients through a wide range of challenges. At the heart of everything I do is the recognition that every person is an individual with their own specific needs.
- SALT – Supporting Adults that’s were sexually abused as children to make sense of their past in order to live the life they want to have now.
- Broadreach Training – Counselling students that were studying to be Counsellors.
- Samaritans – Phone Counselling
- LGBT Helpline – Phone Counselling
I am the founding member of Centred Counselling and as such will be the person to answer you calls, texts, web chat, emails. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Centred Counselling – Private Practice / Founding Member 2019 - ongoing
- Broadreach/VLN Training - Student Liaison/Counsellor -2017 -2019
- SSL – Affiliate Psychotherapist/Counsellor 2015 - ongoing
- Professional Help - Associate Psychotherapist/Counsellor 2017 - ongoing
- Caroline Hewitt Counselling - First private practice 2016-2019
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling we deal with
I have attended additional training in order to support people that are experiencing dissociation or dissociative identity disorder.
Free 30 minute consultation via face to face or phone
Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm £40
Monday - Friday 4pm - 6pm £45
Saturday 9am - 6pm £45
Student Discount £35 Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm
Please feel free to take a look around my website, if you have any questions I respond to emails, phone calls, texts or you can use the instant chat feature on my website and I will endeavour to answer your query.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Saturday 8am - 8pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|