Caroline Hewitt/Centred Counselling (Reg MBACP, Dip.Couns)
Sometimes in this fast paced life we lose track of who we are and what we genuinely want for ourselves, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and stuck. This often creates anxiety/depression, which then impacts on self-esteem and decision making. In times of extreme stress its possible to dissociate which can be frightening and confusing.
In my practice I can offer you a space where you can begin to unpick and share aloud what is happening for you, even if your not sure. Though it often doesn’t feel like it, I believe that each person is unique and has an innate ability towards healing and in my role as a counsellor I will endeavour to journey alongside you as you discover this for yourself.
I can offer a safe confidential space where I will carefully listen and help you explore what is happening for you. I will use my counselling skills and training to help you reach your goals. I am sensitive to how emotions and thoughts can be difficult and overwhelming and can support you through your process at a pace that is safe and feels right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Online Counselling Diploma (OCST)
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Practitioners Certificate in Effective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- National Diploma in Social Care
- Level 3 ELKLAN (Speech and Language)
Other Relevant Training:
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery – PODS
- Working with Relational Trauma – PODS
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation – PODS Oct
- Living and working with Dissociation – PODS
- Working with Personality Adaptations – Helen Manning
- STORM – Self Injury CAMHS
- Personality disorders – Helen Manning
- STORM – Suicide prevention training aimed at young people CAMHS
- Samaritans training 2013 (Samaritans volunteer for 1 year)
- Mental Health and Young People CAMHS
- Intro to Understanding Psychological Trauma
- Introduction to Child and Adolescent Mental Health CAMHS
- GDPR, Prevent, Safeguarding, Fire Safety
I have extensive experience of supporting clients through a wide range of challenges. At the heart of everything I do is the recognition that every person is an individual with their own specific needs.
- SALT – Supporting Adults that’s were sexually abused as children to make sense of their past in order to live the life they want to have now.
- Broadreach Training – Counselling students that were studying to be Counsellors.
- Samaritans – Phone Counselling
- LGBT Helpline – Phone Counselling
I am the founding member of Centred Counselling and as such will be the person to answer you calls, texts, web chat, emails. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Centred Counselling – Private Practice / Founding Member 2019 - ongoing
- Broadreach/VLN Training - Student Liaison/Counsellor -2017 -2019
- SSL – Affiliate Psychotherapist/Counsellor 2015 - ongoing
- Professional Help - Associate Psychotherapist/Counsellor 2017 - ongoing
- Caroline Hewitt Counselling - First private practice 2016-2019
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have attended additional training in order to support people that are experiencing dissociation or dissociative identity disorder.
Free 30 minute consultation via face to face or phone
Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm £40
Monday - Friday 4pm - 6pm £45
Saturday 9am - 6pm £45
Student Discount £35 Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm
Please feel free to take a look around my website, if you have any questions I respond to emails, phone calls, texts or you can use the instant chat feature on my website and I will endeavour to answer your query.