Caroline Channon, MBACP Registered
Therapy Room Pembrokshire
Ferry Lane Works
I offer one-to-one person-centered counselling in a confidential, supportive and non-judgmental space, where you can explore and express any difficult and distressing feelings you may be experiencing in life. I currently practice from the Therapy Rooms at Pembroke Dock.
Counselling can be extremely empowering and life enhancing as you begin to learn more about your patterns of behaviour and what has led you to where you find yourself today.
I believe that we are all motivated by an innate tendency to grow to our full physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual potential and that we have vast resources within us for this.
How does counselling work?
There are many different answers to this question. In my opinion, counselling works when it offers you a relationship in which you feel safe enough to express yourself to enable you to reframe how you view yourself and your life. The counselling relationship is unlike any other. I believe a therapeutic counselling relationship is one where you feel:
- that the counsellor is warm, genuine and invested in you as a person
- safe and comfortable enough to talk about vulnerable feelings and experiences. Yet, challenged and open to considering different points of view
- that you and the counsellor are equal collaborators in the direction of counselling, the goals of counselling and what to focus on
Training, qualifications & experience
My Personal qualifications include:
- Foundation Degree in Person-Centred Counselling (Accredited by the University of Brighton)
- Counselling skills certificates 1-3 (Varndean College)
- Certificate in Social Sciences
Birkbeck University of London:
- Diploma in Childhood & Adolescent Psychology
- Diploma in Abnormal Psychology
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP) and I abide by their Ethical Framework which contains the standards and principles for therapeutic practice.
My therapeutic experience includes:
- St Catherine's Hospice (Certificate in bereavement counselling)
- Sussex Counselling Service
- Care for the Carers
- Sussex Partnership NHS Trust
- Headway (Assisted Brain Injury Charity)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 for 50 minutes of individual counselling and psychotherapy
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to check availability
Types of client