I am a warm down-to-earth Therapeutic Counsellor, who puts the client and their specific needs right at the centre of our work together. I look forward to working with you if you feel we would be suited.
I am fully qualified as a professional counsellor and so:
- am a Registered Member of BACP;
- am an Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society;
- have a full Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- and hold a DBS.
My initial counselling training was in the humanistic existential approach, but my way of working has evolved with additional training methods and experience. I have counselled adults in both inner-city and rural environments, and have worked in generic counselling agencies and in charities such as MIND and CRUSE.
In addition to my private practice, I work as a Bereavement Counsellor, and also as a Specialist Cancer Counsellor, for the NHS.
Prior to becoming a counsellor, I worked with students and lecturers in the university sector, and with patients in the NHS.
Training, qualifications & experience
My counselling qualifications are:
* Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic Existential);
* BSc(Hons) Reflective Therapeutic Practice (The Metanoia Institute, London);
* Diploma in NLP (Health);
* Certificate in Awareness in Bereavement Care;
* Certificate in Focusing Skills, and am currently training to be a Practitioner with the British Focusing Association.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT);
- Motivational Interviewing (MI);
- Mental Health First Aid;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills;
- Working with Adult Survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
I have a number of higher degree and post-graduate qualifications related to professional health-care subjects, and university teaching and learning. I am also a fellow of The Higher Education Academy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The above areas of counselling are just some examples of client issues that I have worked with. As a professional counsellor, I would always assess our suitability to work together before we commence counselling.
£40 for a 50-minute counselling appointment.
The first introductory session is £30, where we can meet and decide the way forward for you.
Reduced fees for student counsellors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Any accessibility issues can be discussed before our initial meeting.
Types of client