Hi my name is Carol.
I am passionate about counselling people, both adults and young people and being part of the process in supporting clients to resolve internal conflict and become more accepting of themselves in order to lead a fulfilling life.
My practice has its roots in Person Centred orientation, and building a relationship of trust and total acceptance is the corner stone of the counselling support I offer. As a Person Centred therapist, I will not tell you what to talk about or how to feel, but will work with the issues you bring and at the pace that suits you.
I aim to create a warm, trusting therapeutic relationship with you to facilitate a healthy relationship to talk and explore your feelings and help you to understand what is going on inside you. I believe you are the expert in your life, and you have the answers, to make positive changes with the support of an experienced counsellor.
I can offer you a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space where I can help you explore strong emotions, thoughts and behaviour associated with past or current issues.
I may integrate elements of other counselling approaches and techniques, if we feel these might help, including CBT, relaxation, breathing exercise, and mindfulness. I also work creatively. This might include drawing, painting, letter writing, stones/shells and using Russian Dolls.
I have experience counselling individual affected by sexual abuse and their families, and vast experience supporting young people and adults with common mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression.
I have worked as a school counsellor delivering short term counselling to young people in secondary school, working with themes such as sexuality, cultural and religious issues and conflict, bullying and family problems. I also have experience working as a volunteer counsellor supporting university students with issues such as exam stress, anger, self esteem and confidence, relationships and discrimination.
I am a registered member of BACP and abide by their ethical and professional guidelines.
I work from rooms in Leeds town centre that are accessible by public transport. I also see clients from a venue in Bradford city centre.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Social Work-Bradford University
- MSc Degree in Therapeutic Counselling- Leeds Beckett University
- PG Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)-Bradford University
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Humanistic Studies-Bradford College
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling-Nafisat
- Child Sexual Exploitation Training: Level 2 & 3
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Working with individuals affected by Sexual Abuse
- Autism Awareness Training -Level 2
- Volunteer Counsellor at Mosaic II, Bradford:Working with adults and young people 16 plus.
- Volunteer Counsellor at Bradford Counselling Service, Bradford: working with children/adults.
- Volunteer Counsellor at Leeds Beckett University, Leeds: Working with students.
- Student Counsellor at Mosaic II: Working with adults and young people 16 plus.
- Student Counsellor at Bradford Counselling Service: Working with children and adults.
Membership & Insurance
- BACP registered member
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- I also hold a current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees £45 for a 50 minute appointment, couple counselling £60 per session.
Cancellation fee payable if you give less than 48 hours notice.
Evening and weekend appointments available.
Text or email me to arrange your first appointment.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
I also hold a current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
I attend regular personal & professional development training programs (CPD) and receive regular on-going clinical supervision for the benefit of my practice and clients.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|