As a BACP registered therapist I offer both long and short term counselling, to clients of all ages. I welcome individuals from all ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
Although my training was based around the psychodynamic model, I bring together elements & strengths from other approaches to facilitate the needs of each individual. I feel it is important to be flexible and to adapt counselling accordingly, dependent on factors such as the presenting material, age and taking into consideration whether it is short or long term work. I am able to communicate at a range of levels and using my initiative I often utilise creative symbolic methods such as art, games and playdough particularly with younger clients in counselling sessions, to encourage emotional exploration and to provide a reflective space.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Counselling with a Psychodynamic Approach.
* Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling.
I am BACP registered and hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Safeguarding Children Training delivered by the Child Protection School Liaison Team
- PREVENT Training
- Facilitating Emotional Expression
- The Range of Creative and Symbolic Methods
- Introducing Creative and Symbolic Methods
- Key Differences between Counselling Adults and Children/Young People
- Concluding Counselling
- Practitioners Group Meetings (Covering relevant information for working with young people, early intervention and prevention, CAF forms and referrals.)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children training provided by Children’s Workforce Development team
- BACP Working with Children in their World
1. Using arts creatively to optimise the counselling process for children and young people.
2. A reparative relationship- working with children and young people from the care system from an attachment and early trauma based perspective.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Please get in contact to discuss fees.
I offer a limited number of concessionary spaces for trainees and those on lower incomes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client