Carlie Wickenden-Walsh MBACP (Accred)
18 Nelson Street
07716477903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor who specialises in working with young people, adolescents and adults (12 - 30 years old)
I have a very successful outcome with all my clients helping them to deal with;
- Self-esteem building
- Self harm
- General Anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety
- Health Anxiety
- Dealing with separating & divorced parents
- Managing and adapting and reintegrating with a new family this can be step parents/ step siblings/foster or adopted carers.
- Relationship issues
- PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)
- Learning ways to de-stress and build on use of Mindfulness stratergies
- Cyber bullying & bullying in general
- Assertion techniques
- Anger management techniques
- School/College/Work Stress
My private practice is based in Southend-on-sea town centre one minute from Southend Central station and buses, parking in same road (metered)
I am an Accreditiated member of (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
'Life is like a stepping stone journey; sometimes we get stuck and need some support to carry on through the difficult times, and find new ways to understand ourselves and people around us.'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Practitioners modulated certificate =(To gain BACP accreditation) 2012
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills and theory training working with Depression Part 1 - 30hrs (10/03/2012)
- Eating Disorders and nutritional intervention training - 30hrs (21/07/2012)
- Transactional analysis and Inner child therapy - 30hrs (15/12/2012)
- Counselling Children and young people - 30hrs (28/04/2012)
- Attachment and Loss through the years theory and practice - 30hrs (12/11/2011)
- AQA Advanced Diploma in Counselling (Integrative) - 2011
- AQA Counselling skills - 2009
- Completed BACP Accreditation - 2018
- Certificate Of Proficiency BACP register - 2016
CPD (Continual Professional Development) Training:
As part of BACP I always do 30hrs CPD training yearly. Here below is the training I have been on since being qualified
- Child Protection/Safeguarding Children and Young people Level 3 (update reg)
- Play Therapy Skills workshop (03/05/2011)
- Simplifying Personality Disorder Treatment: A new paradigm for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy workshop (24/05/2011)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Mindfulness) workshop
- Schema Therapy workshop (29/01/2012)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills and theory training working with Anxiety Part 2 - 30hrs (25/05/2013)
- Neuroscience for therapists (50hrs)
- Intergrative approach to Self Esteem (30hrs)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder workshop (06/09/2014)
- Trauma, Dissociation & recovery workshop (20/06/2015)
- Understanding learners on the Autistic Spectrum Level 2
- Anxiously attached: understanding and working with preoccupied attachment workshop (20/02/2016)
- Self-harm workshop - 30hrs (31/05/2014)
- Yoga Therapy for Mind (Anxiety, Depression & Stress) 8 week course - 20hrs (19/06/2016)
- Safeguarding Adults at risk Level 3 (update reg)
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment (05/12/2015)
- Prevent Training - Radicalisation workshop (26/06/2016)
- Working with clients who self harm workshop (01/04/2016)
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing workshop (10/12/2016)
- Yoga for Trauma release workshop (18/03/2017)
- Working with Children & Young people in CAMHS worskshop (2016)
- Congress attachment and trauma - The resilience of mind and body (2 day workshop) (14/05/2017)
- Counselling individuals on the Autistic Spectrum workshop (2017)
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice workshop (27/01/2018)
- Dreams workshop Gestalt Approach (27/10/2018)
I have been running my own private practice since 2011.
I have 13 years experience working with children and adolescents in educational and therapeutic settings.
I am currently work at The Priory Psychiatric Hospital Chelmsford -Adolescent Inpatient ward. I have recently changed my role from Teaching assistant on the ward to Therapy Assistant. I have been working there for the last 8 years. Within the Adolescent Inpatient ward we support young people from (11yr-18yr) with all types of mental health issues, for example: generalised anxiety disorder GAD, severe depression, Psychosis/drug induced psychosis and borderline personality disorder. As part of my job role I facilate and assist therapy groups such as; DBT (Dialectual Behavioural Therapy) CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Exploring my senses Group, Mindfulness group and Multi Family Group. I also counsel a few inpatients and put input into their individual treatment plan from admission to discharge, by attending regular meetings with the team (MDT) and attend all meetings regarding my patients care, this also includes communicating with patients community CAMHS teams.
I am also a Sessional CAMHS Therapist for Out patients at The Priory Psychiatric Hospital Chelmsford and have been for last 4 years.
I have also worked at Basildon MIND as a Child and Adolescent counsellor for 3 years as part of my training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am very adaptable with my approach and will do my best to help support you.
Please feel free to contact me to find out any information.
Please contact me.
I am also recognised with; Aviva insurance, AXA PPP Healthcare insurance, Cigna insurance and VitalityHealth insurance.
If you would like to arrange appointment to see me or just to ask for some advice. Please feel free to contact me either by phone, text or email.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice is available Wednesdays and Fridays (12:30 -18:30)
Types of client