Dr Jaime Horn Clinical Psychologist & Systemic Practitioner
- I am Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Systemic Practitioner. I offer specialist psychology and counselling and therapy service based in Porthmadog. I offer a holistic psychological assessment and therapy service for individuals and couples, offering one to one therapy tailored to your needs. I also work with young people and families. Please visit the website for more information. Always happy to talk through your needs on the phone or email first. Finding a therapist that you can build a good rappore with is essential. I recognise how hard it can be to take the first steps in asking for help and do my best to make you feel at ease. Home visits considered at additional cost. Skype sessions available.
Training, qualifications & experience
Doctorate in clinical psychology (CBT, EMDR, psychodynamic psychotherapy). With over 15 years experience in the NHS and private practice.
Systemic practitioner training (Family Institute South Wales) and EFT for couples.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR and CBT for all psychological difficulties.
Systemic psychotherapy for couples and families.
Photos & videos
Assessment £75 (up to 1.5 hours). On going therapy £65. (Reduced rates can be negotiated in financial hardship, payment plans can also be agreed).
Couples £75 an hour.
Specialist assessments discussed individually.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday Friday and Saturday's.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|