British Psychotherapy Foundation
37 Mapesbury Road
020 8452 9823
The British Psychotherapy Foundation is a strong professional organisation providing access to treatment for the public, education and training.
The bpf aims to increase public knowledge and understanding of the benefits of psychotherapy by means of information on our website, a range of public courses and events and outreach work in schools and other settings. This educational work will not only aim to inform the public about psychotherapy but will make available to the public perspectives and ways of thinking that will help them manage complex areas of their own lives such as relationships, parenting, employment and retirement
We have wheelchair access (ramps) and a wheelchair enabled toilet facility at bpf Kilburn. Please contact email@example.com to inform us of your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
The bpf’s mission is to be a strong professional membership organization. Psychotherapy training at the bpf is conducted across the four psychotherapy disciplines of Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Jungian Analysis and Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy which are in specific Associations. High quality training in adult psychotherapy includes:
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Jungian Analysis
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
It also provides high quality doctoral training in child and adolescent psychotherapy jointly run / in partnership with the AFC/UCL.
- Doctorate in clinical practice
The bpf provides a range of pre training courses, access to psychotherapy information and treatment for the public, comprehensive support to its members, and CPD courses for qualified therapists.
It will ensure its activities are:
- accessible to people from all sectors of British society who are interested in psychotherapy treatment, training or understanding;
- offer a range of high quality, specialist clinical training and academic services;
- demonstrates a commitment to equality and diversity.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
Photos & videos
- 07/09/18 - Meet up evening - introducing Psychotherapy Today
- 08/09/18 - Infant observation today conference 2018
- 20/09/18 - Jung reading group
- 22/09/18 - Bion’s clinical relevance seminars
- 24/09/18 - Developing a psychoanalytic approach to working with children and adolescents
- 24/09/18 - BPF work discussion group
- 26/09/18 - MSc Psychodynamics of Human Development (with Birkbeck College)
- 27/09/18 - Intensive case supervisors professional development course
- 29/09/18 - Taster and experiential day - British Jungian Analytic Association
- 29/09/18 - Continuity in a discontinuous world: A case of matricide
- 06/10/18 - bpf annual lecture presents Margot Waddell
- 06/10/18 - Psychotherapy Today: Introduction to psychoanalytic and jungian ideas in a challenging world
- 16/10/18 - MSc Psychological Therapies Practice and Research
- 19/10/18 - Service supervisors professional development course
- 17/11/18 - Psychoanalytic approaches to depression among adolescents and young adults
- 12/01/19 - Jungian dream workshops
Dependent on the course or event selected and available on our website or by request from contacts listed on individual course or event information (literature or web pages).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Varies depending on the consulting room - please check with the therapist
Types of client