Brigida Walkin, MSc, MBPsS
Brigida Walkin is a Registered Counselling-Psychologist currently within the UK.
Brigida has a bachelor’s in psychology, Masters in Professional Counselling, an is a registered counselling psychologist of HCPC and BPS.
Brigida enjoys helping others realize their potential in achieving the healthy life they envision for themselves. Her counselling style is that of Cognitive behavioral therapy paired with person-centered approach. Such approach reflects her belief that true change starts when a relationship is created. Brigida believes that forming a counsellor-client relationship is the basis for true growth.
Brigida has experience counselling various populations including children, adolescents, and adults regardless of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds. Though general in counselling experience, Brigida Walkin has had extensive experience with children and teens including her work at local youth centers, Rotaract club of Providenciales, and support and social skills groups throughout her private practice experience. Brigida is originally from the Caribbean and brings with her extensive knowledge of family dynamics and culture. She completed her studies in the United States where she resided for 7 years understanding the culture of mental health and people.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelors in Psychology
- Masters in professional counselling
- training in behavioural services
- Minor in Spanish
- Minor in Theology
- President of Rotaract Club
- Extensive experience with children through facilitation and counselling at local youth centres and private practice
- Extensive experience in counseling adults in private practice .
- Knowledge and experience in conducting play therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
life transitions to new environments and cultures.
conflict in the workplace
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
£150 - adults
Psi chi honor society
Sigma chi iota member
Summa cum laude
Magna cum laude
Winner of the who's who award for " one to watch"
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays from 9am-12 pm. Flexible in the evenings. Weekends available through advanced bookings only.
Types of client