01228 549885 / 07913 110046
I come from a person centred background, which means that you, the client are free to talk about what is important to you. I will try and help you make sense of- and move forward with this by assisting you to reflect on patterns and the meaning you make of things that you are telling me.
I feel I work in a practical and human way. I explore lifestyle, values and goals, then try and find ways to help you move towards these goals.
I have been working at the University of Cumbria counselling students for the past 22 years (2 days a week) and for the past 7 years have also had a small private practice. Working with Occupational health agencies, private clients, and both qualified and trainee counsellors as a supervisor.
I offer a small discount to people on a low income (below £16,000).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling St MArtins College 1996
- Diploma in Person Centred Supervision Strathclyde Uni 2010
- Fundamental's of CBT. Uni of Cumbria 2008
- CBT for Anxiety. Uni of Cumbria 2016
I have also attended many day and short coursers/training days s part of my continuing professional development. These include :-
- Solution focused therapy (Bill O'Hanlon)
- Guided visualisation for working with Trauma
- Effects of Sexual abuse in childhood on the adult
- The body holds the score- an intro into how trauma is held in the body
- Intro into REMD (rapid eye movement therapy)
- Loss and Grief
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Between £35 and £45 depending on income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|