Hi, my name is Brian. Thank you for taking the time to view my profile.
Therapy can sometimes feel daunting but there is a reason that you decided to look on this page. I feel that whatever we go through in life can seem overwhelming and difficult but once we start to unravel the layers we can start to see it for what is at the root.
I have experience working with difficulties that could be due to Relationships, Bereavement, Family Issues, Mental Health, Depression, Anxiety. Counselling can bring awareness and change to all difficulties that may arise in ones life through exploring these difficulties within counselling.
I further specialise in:
- Addiction: It is important to understand how the addiction began and it may have been used as a coping mechanism. Drug, Alcohol, Gambling and other forms of addiction can have an impact on us emotionally and impact our friends and family. Coping with addiction and support is important for everyone experiencing addiction.
- Anxiety: There are many different types of anxiety from Generalised anxiety disorder, Social anxiety, panic disorder but they all cause physical symptoms which impact us and can affect are daily life. Make things that are supposed to be easy difficult.
- Depression: Can be more than just feeling low it can be the low mood that lasts for a long time. Depression can impact our daily life and seem less worthwhile.
- Mental health: Affect 1 in 3 people every year, I have a full understanding of mental health disorders. I also have experience working within mental health services.
- Trauma: I have experience working with trauma and childhood trauma. I understand the complexity and the impact trauma can have on your life even after the event has passed.
- Panic Attacks: Can feel like the scariest thing, the importance is to understand the triggers and what these panic attacks are related to.
As a psychotherapist my focus is on the person's thought processes, and how these may be influenced by past events such that they cause problems in the present. This allows the client to gain insight into chronic physical and emotional difficulties. Thus allowing them to further understand their patterns of behaviour. I believe that is achieved by creating a comfortable environment and a relaxed atmosphere to work within which allows us to get to the root cause.
How counselling can help:
I offer counselling that allows you to get to the root cause of what is affecting you. I offer a space to explore the unconscious. By creating a safe space to talk openly and to build a therapeutic relationship. I offer space to explore, build awareness and create change.
If you would like to take that first step in seeking help, please feel free to email me here or contact me on 07984 706562.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Brian Hyland MBACP
- BSc Psychology
- MA Counselling (Level 7)
- Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Psychotherapist and Registered with the BACP.
Mind (Mental Health Charity) and Sutton Counselling.
4 years experience working in mental health services and facilities.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £60.00 to £80.00
Concessions offered for
If you’re looking for quality Individual Therapy sessions with a certified Psychotherapist that cares, then you have come to the right place. I guide my clients every step of the way and implement various methods to help them develop new attitudes towards all of life’s most complex matters.
I offer both time limited therapy 6-24 sessions and on open-ended therapy with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.
Contact me here to see what I can do for you.
Between £60-£80 £50 Concessional
(Via Zoom, Skype and Telephone)
I currently have availability throughout the week and at the weekend.
Remote sessions are only available at this time due to the pandemic.
Do contact me to setup a 10-15 minute telephone consultation to discuss further explore your needs within therapy as well as to learn more about my practice and to setup an initial counselling session. My main approach is psychodynamic, however, I do use cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and mindfulness in my practice.
I look forward to hearing from you.