Working from two London Practices in Spitalfields (E1 6QE) and Deptford (SE8 3HS) and Bishops Stortford I offer a welcoming, non-judgmental, authentic and safe presence.
My areas of specialism are working with young people, adults and couples suffering from stress, anxiety, mood disorders, relationship problems and addiction issues. I am skilled in working with a variety of different methods and aim to have a flexible and integrative approach, following what works best for you, and offering a range of ways in which you might grow. I utilise Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and person centered and psychodynamic approaches. I also offer mindfulness exercises.
I work with individuals and couples.
I keep a fresh approach to my work by undertaking regular ongoing professional development including supervision, personal therapy, workshops and training courses. I always work within the latest ethical frameworks of both UKCP and BACP. I am subject to their standard complaints procedures.
I am counsellor registered through ACC (UK) and the FDAP, I provide a private and independent service. I offer competitive rates and work in line with current trends in the field. Fees are determined according to an income related sliding scale. Sessions usually last 1 hour, although longer sessions can be arranged as required
- depression, anxiety and mood disorders
- addictions and behavioural dependencies
- relationship difficulties ( couples, people facing break ups and conflict, singleness, family/friendship conflict)
- self-esteem and confidence
- work issues including stress, burn-out and exhaustion
- co-occurring disorders
I Integrate: psychodynamic, person-centred, cognitive behavioural and bio-psycho-social models of therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over twenty years experience in the field including running a residential treatment programme, working with groups and thousands of hours of one-to-one work.
My qualifications and registrations include: MSc in addiction psychology and counselling and Counselling Foundation Certificate as well as a variety of professional training including sex addiction, couples counselling, working with sexual abuse and trauma and The Sierra Tucson Professionals week.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
I work with a sliding scale (please see below). Each person’s circumstances are unique: these figures are a guide only. No proof of income is required.
Up to £15,000* - £30
£15,001- £20,000- £35
£20,001- £25,000- £40
£25,001- £30,000- £50
£30,001- £35,000- £60
£35,001- £40,000- £70
£40,001- £ 45,000- £80
£45,001- £50,000- £90
£50,001- £55,000 **-£100
** And so on, there is currently no upper limit.
Please note appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are still charged.
* For full time mothers at home with no taxable income and a partner, please reflect partner’s income when determining your session fee. For couples please add your incomes together (if only one partner earns then that is the income).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|