Working from two London Practices near Chancery Lane (EC4A) and Deptford (SE8 3HS) and in Hertfordshire, Bishops Stortford. I offer a counselling experience that is welcoming, non-judgmental and secure. My specialty is working with individuals and couples suffering from various problems using a flexible and integrative approach. My approach focuses on your needs and facilitates your personal growth by way of therapeutic work that is a conversation in which the solutions to life’s problems are found together. I conduct therapy with clients not to them.
My Couples Counselling is available for all kinds of partnerships at every stage in a relationship. No matter what the challenges you are facing, communication problems, conflict, sexual issues or anything else.
I am also extremely experienced in facilitating the amicable separation of couples without neglecting the many complexities this brings.
Professional Bodies and Training
I am registered with various professional bodies, work to their ethical frameworks and supervision requirements and have an MSc in Addiction, Psychology and Counselling. I have also gained professional qualifications in the UK and USA covering sex addiction, working with survivors of abuse, and trauma. I am skilled at the practical application of the latest thinking in the field and I currently lecture on Counselling theory at Masters level at a London University.
My Counselling theory is integrative by way of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person Centered and Psychodynamic techniques.
Areas of Specialisms:
• Depression, anxiety and mood disorders
• Addictions and behavioural dependencies
• Relationship difficulties (couples, people facing break ups and conflict,
singleness, family/friendship conflict)
• Self esteem and confidence
• Work issues including stress, burn-out and exhaustion
• Co-occurring disorders
• Sexual abuse and Trauma
• Spiritual Abuse and Spiritual/Faith issues
I work to a sliding scale relating to income, which makes my work available to as many people as possible. Please email me for my rates document.
I Integrate: psychodynamic, person-centred, cognitive behavioural and bio-psycho-social models of therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over twenty years experience in the field including running a residential treatment programme, working with groups and thousands of hours of one-to-one work.
My qualifications and registrations include: MSc in addiction psychology and counselling and Counselling Foundation Certificate as well as a variety of professional training including sex addiction, couples counselling, working with sexual abuse and trauma and The Sierra Tucson Professionals week.
I am a lecturer on Counselling Masters Course at a London University, where I also supervise students clinical work.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
I work with a sliding scale (please see below). Each person’s circumstances are unique: these figures are a guide only. No proof of income is required.
Up to £15,000* - £30
£15,001- £20,000- £35
£20,001- £25,000- £40
£25,001- £30,000- £50
£30,001- £35,000- £60
£35,001- £40,000- £70
£40,001- £ 45,000- £80
£45,001- £50,000- £90
£50,001- £55,000 **-£100
** And so on, there is currently no upper limit.
Please note appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are still charged.
* For full time mothers at home with no taxable income and a partner, please reflect partner’s income when determining your session fee. For couples please add your incomes together (if only one partner earns then that is the income).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client