I know that living with anxiety, depression, and loss may steal your joy, affect your motivation and self-esteem - impacting relationships with yourself and others. I also know that relationships can be a struggle, be it with your loved ones or at work. Family problems, marital issues, the challenges of parenting or being parented can be a lot to carry on your own. Perhaps talking to a skilled professional can give the space you need to find a new perspective.
You might be stuck right now, and can't even find the words or reason why. Counselling gives you the space you need to come up for air, explore your needs and how to express them. Whatever you're going through, I hold hope for you. I am here to listen, share your burden and support you on your journey to inner peace.
My goal is to help you come back to your default setting - Love.
Life can be a struggle, inflicting wounds that take us further and further away from being our true selves.
I believe that at the core of every struggle or triumph is love, or the lack thereof.
We focus on helping you have a better relationship with yourself, to love and accept all of you so that you can understand how you relate and react to others. In finding your own unique strength, you are empowered to heal, to grow, to resolve inner conflicts, and handle life's inevitable struggles.
My approach is warm, down to earth & non-judgemental. My life experience, living in different continents also enhances my empathy and understanding of multicultural issues.
No matter who you are, where you come from, or what you're going through, you will be seen, heard and supported in a safe and confidential space. This is where healing begins.
Things you should know about working with me:
- This is your safe space and its all about you. Confidentiality and discretion is assured.
- We explore what you need to work on. Sometimes you may not even be able to put a finger on what it is that you need to explore, but just feel stuck or overwhelmed with life. Whatever you're going through, I am here to listen.
- My approach is holistic and creative - uniquely tailored to you. We can work by talking, and/or use of art, music, mindfulness & movement to connect.
- Together we explore your experiences, both past and present ; at your own pace.
- Together, we begin to shed light on what has been hidden. It takes courage and I am here to support you. I believe your journey to self-awareness and self-acceptance can be restorative, healing and empowering.
“Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about un-becoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.” - Paullo Cohello
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional Membership - BACP (British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists) - This means I am regulated and uphold their ethics for good practice.
Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling - which includes: Psychodynamic Theory, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Humanistic Theory, Attachment Theory & Existential Theory.
Advanced Certificate in Relationship Counselling - Couples & Sexual Relationship PsychoTherapy Training on: Fundamentals of working with couples,in Conflict, Sexual Arousal & Ageing, Communication &Difference & Meeting Partners Needs,
Further Training and CPD - I am committed to ongoing trainings which enhance and enrich my practice, some of these are:
- Calming the Anxious Brain: Using Neuroscience to End Anxiety, Panic and Worry
- Certificate in Online & Phone Counselling
- Rainbow Mapping
- Training in Safeguarding Children
- DBS Cleared
I've had the privilege of working with a diverse range of clients from children age 5 to adults age 75. Some of these experiences include:
- Individual Therapy - working with adults dealing with relationship issues, anxiety, loss & low self-esteem.
- Couples Therapy & Pre-Marital Guidance - I especially enjoyed working with inter-racial couples and blended families. I also support couples and individuals going through life transitions, and those going through separation or divorce.
- One-to-one Therapy with children - I have enjoyed supporting children through talking therapy, play, art, singing and dancing.
My most valid experience is my humanity - I've lived in various cities in West Africa & The UK. I enjoy travelling & exploring different cultures which enhances my understanding of cultural identity and issues. Like you, I know just how complex life can be, and believe in your own unique ability to find your resilience and inner peace.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £60.00 to £95.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
from £60.00 per session.
Concessions are available for students and trainee counsellors.
At the moment I work online via zoom. Weekends and Evening slots are also available. Please enquire to find a mutually available time slot
Pre-marital Counselling - HTB - The Pre-marriage Course (2017 till 2021)
Children's Counsellor - Place2Be - working one to one with children in a primary school setting (2018 -2020)
I currently volunteer with a mental health charity supporting adult clients
Some of the issues I work with include:
- loss & grief, anxiety, depression & low self-esteem
- working through issues around cultural and racial identity
- clients experiencing family problems or relationship difficulties
- clients who need a space to offload daily stress
- supporting clients through separation, conscious uncoupling, and/or divorce
- couples that desire to strengthen their relationship
- parents who want better relationships with their children
- support for children and young adults with challenges they face