Beverly Lunn BSc Hons. Dip Psychodynamic Counselling. Reg MBACP.
9a High Street
I am a Psychodynamic Counsellor trained in working therapeutically with adults, young people and children. I have 12 years clinical experience and have practiced in a variety of settings including Private Practice, primary and secondary schools and NHS.
Prior to training as a Counsellor I practiced as a Registered Nurse in the NHS and privately.
I am trained in Psychodynamic theory and have, through further training, learnt many of the recognised counselling techniques and theories and am able to use the best approach to suit client needs.
When working with children I use a non directive approach using therapeutic play alongside my known theoretical work.
Counselling is individual, non judgemental, private and confidential, providing a quiet relaxed space in which to explore thoughts, feelings and behaviours that may be causing concern; it can help make better sense of what is going on.
Counselling can provide support and offer new ways of looking at challenges, working through problems and resolving issues giving new insight and awareness and a way forward.
There are many different life challenges that can be helped by counselling; areas I specialise in are listed on the " about me" page.
I offer both long and short term work according to individual need, which will be decided at an assessment session prior to counselling.
Long term work is open ended providing a safe space in which thoughts and feelings can be explored, gaining a deeper understanding of what is going on and space to think these through, enabling the client to find a way forward.
Time limited, short term work focuses more on a particular area causing concern and working with that in the time agreed.
Sessions are confidential with the exception that if there is reason to believe a client or someone close to them is in danger, or where the law requires it. Counselling work is discussed in supervision in accordance with the BACP ethical framework but client details are always withheld to retain anonymity for the client.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Social Sciences
- Diploma in Registered Nursing
- Cruse Bereavement Counsellor
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Trauma in children
- Eating Disorders and Self Harm
- ADHD and Autistic Spectrum
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Counselling to support children's learning
- Family and Bereavement support for schools
- Patterns of Behaviour and their Relation to Separation and Loss
- Neuroscience, Attachment and Trauma
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Approaches in Practice
- Attachment, Separation and Loss
- Caring for the Bereaved
- EMDR ( Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing)
- Attachment- from cradle to grave
- The meaning of Fairy Tales
- Play Therapy
Relevant previous experience
- 2 years in residential setting working with children with epilepsy and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- General and Paediatric Nursing in various healthcare settings including family support, over 20 year period.
- Cruse Bereavement Counselling.
- 12 years and currently working as a Counsellor within a primary school.
- Work in secondary schools.
- Private Practice.
Areas of Expertise
- Attachment and Loss
- Relationship Difficulties
- Divorce and Separation
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem / Confidence issues
- Childhood Difficulties
- Parenthood concerns
- Family Difficulties
- Work related problems
- Health related Problems
- Chronic Illness and Disability
- Sexuality and Gender issues
- Cultural Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Personal Awareness and Development
(as well as some of the above)
- Family Breakdown
- Adoption and Fostering
- Attachment Difficulties
- ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Behavioural problems
- Gaming Addiction
- Social Media Concerns
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem
- School Difficulties
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As well as working with adults I have 12 years experience counselling children in a primary school for a wide range of problems. I have also worked in secondary schools. I have experience of working with problems to do with gaming and social media.
Fees £45 to £55 per session.
Assessment session may be longer according to need.
BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
I adhere to the BACP ethical framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I am enhanced DBS checked and have full Professional Indemnity insurance.
I have regular supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines.
I maintain regular continual professional development keeping my knowledge and skills up to date.
I practise in Crowborough, East Sussex. Please contact me for further details.
Sessions are 50 minutes long for adults and young people. If desired, shorter sessions for children are available.
I cover Tunbridge Wells, Crowborough, Uckfield and the surrounding area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client