Beverly Franks, Dip Couselling & Psychotherapy, UKCP Reg.
07821 691 728
My approach to Counselling and Psychotherapy is most helpful for people who:-
- Feel lost and are searching for meaning and purpose in their lives.
- Think something is missing but can't quite put their finger on what.
- Find relating to family, friends or work colleagues challenging.
- Have been told by others that they are not able to express their feelings.
- Are struggling to cope with their lives following a bereavement.
- Have been bereaved as a child and want to explore how their loss has impacted their lives or continues to impact their lives.
- Would like an introductory session, without further obligation, to clarify the changes you want to make and to think through what support you need in order to make progress.
How I work with you
I provide a safe and nurturing counselling environment that is non-judgemental, confidential, caring, supportive and relational that encourages your natural potential to emerge.
I believe every person is born with the natural capacity to lead a rich and fulfilling life with an inbuilt capacity to heal.
I look forward to supporting you to discover more clarity, purpose, meaning and fulfilment.
I adhere to UKCP code of ethics within my practice and I am covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance.
The People I work with
My clients are either self-referred, Bupa registered, referred by their employers directly or through an EAP referral or referred by their GP practice.
My counselling work for people who are experiencing emotional pain of any sort, however, it is particularly useful for those who experience includes a loss of meaning and purpose or who find relating to people challenging or confusing.
The issues I work with are:-
- Grief, Loss, Bereavement and traumatic bereavement
- Self Esteem, Self Worth, Self Image
- Relationship issues/ affairs & betrayals
- Family Issues
- Emotional neglect
I have a genuine desire to support you in developing your self-awareness and relationships with others. I think that awareness is the key that enables us to see things differently which then enables us to make new choices about the situation that is troubling or concerning us.
I believe that how we relate to ourselves and to others is fundamental to feeling fulfiled and content in life.
Prior to being a counsellor:-
- I worked in Primary and Secondary Education as a teaching assistant.
- Worked as an ambulance driver for people with disabilities
- Served for five and a half years in the British Army ( WRAC)both at home and abroad.
Where I work
I work in a self-contained, counselling room annexe, with attached bathroom facilities.
Training, qualifications & experience
- In 1997 I trained and worked as a Volunteer Bereavement Counsellor for CRUSE BEREAVEMENT CARE.
- In 1999 I commenced a Foundation Certificate Fundamentals of Counselling and Psychotherapy at CCPE ( Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy) London.
- In 1999-2005 I worked as a Volunteer Mental Health Counsellor for MIND-IN-BARNET
In 2000 I commenced my four-year training in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy at CCPE ( Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education) in London.
In 2003 I qualified to diploma level as a Transpersonal Psychotherapist and Counsellor. For My Diploma Project: I facilitated an experiential group that explored how Transformation occurs in relation to self, others, faith and belief following loss and bereavement.
In 2006 I became a Registered Psychotherapist with UKCP
- In 2007 I worked as a Volunteer Child Counsellor in Primary Schools with PLACE2BE Charity.
- In 2008-2012 I was employed by The Grief Encounter Project as their Clinical Services Manager Part-time. I also provided Counselling for children, teens and adults experiencing bereavement. My specialist areas included bereavement by homicide and suicide. I Facilitated bereavement workshops and trained schools in bereavement support.
- In 2012 I became full-time self -employed in a successful Private Practice in North Finchley, London.
In 2013 I commenced a course in Somatic Experiencing Trauma Resolution.
- In 2014 I moved to Gloucestershire.
- In 2015 I completed Attachment Mastery Programme- Trauma Resolutions-DianePooleHeller.com
- In 2015 I was employed as an Employee Assistance telephone Counsellor by Care First.
In 2016 I Graduated from Somatic Experiencing Trauma Resolution Course and am currently completing my certificate as a Somatic Experiencing Registered Practitioner.
- In 2016 I started up In Private Practice in Gloucestershire. Working with self-referred private clients, Bupa Registered Clients, Insurance Company Referred Clients, EAP referrals and Gloucester Council fostering to adopt clients.
- In 2017 I was approved as a Childhood Emotional Neglect Practitioner ( CEN) by Dr Jonice Webb and am included in her list of practitioners as featured in her book RUNNING ON EMPTY NO MORE.
Since qualifying as a psychotherapist in 2003 I have met the requirements for Continued Professional Development as laid out by my professional body UKCP. Significant short courses and day courses I have undertaken are:
Short course in attachment (10-week course) Bowlby Centre, London
Two three-day courses on treating trauma in adults and children- SOS Internationale
Place-to-be training over one year on working with children through play
Facilitating groups (3-day training) - Child Bereavement Charity
Basic Sexuality (8-week course)- Spectrum
Professional training developmental group. (2 years) CCPE. Learning T’ai Chi and discussing the learning in a developmental group of 10 people.
Understanding bereavement and bereavement care. (10-week course)- Hillingdon Cruise.
Short day courses on topics including child development, ageing, spirituality, addiction, trauma and bereavement- various Counselling and Psychotherapy centres.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Somatic Experiencing- Natural resolution to trauma.
Photos & videos
My Fee Of £50 is based on my experience of over 14 years post qualifying experience as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist and includes the further training I have undertaken In Somatic Experiencing Trauma Resolution, Bereavement, Attachment and Child Development.
I offer an initial interview session of an hour and a half at £50.
Where we can explore together any questions you might have about the counselling process, how I work and to get a sense of whether we can work together.
If you decide that you would like to continue counselling with me I charge £50 per 50 min session.
FREE PARKING AVAILABLE IN STONEHOUSE.
20 Mins from Stonehouse Rail Station
5mins from Bus Stop
CLOSE TO JUNC. 13 OF M5 Within easy reach of STROUD, STONEHOUSE, GLOUCESTER, CHELTENHAM & BRISTOL.
Often people have conflicting push/pull feelings about embarking on therapy. They are unsure as to whether it is therapy they need or something entirely different. Many are bewildered by the wide - range of therapies on offer and what would be the best approach for them. Frequently people are concerned as to whether they will 'get on' with the therapist. All these thoughts and feelings are natural when you are considering investing your time, money and attention to something new and as important as understanding yourself better.
I am mindful of this 'pre-therapy' state and try to make this transition as easy as possible for you. I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have. Call me for a confidential chat on 07821 691 728.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available 10am -9pm Mondays to Thursdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|