Beverley J Weston
Hello and thank you for viewing my profile.
I am a Trauma Focused, Integrative Intercultural Psychotherapists and Director of Mabadiliko Therapy Ltd.
I have experience in providing psychotherapy for an array of common mental health issues, such as: Addiction, Anger, Anxiety, Bereavement & loss, Confidence issues, Depression, Dissociation, Low self-esteem, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Relationship problems/Relationship breakdown, Sexual dysfunction, Spiritual conflicts, Stress, Suicidal behaviours & Self harm, Unresolved or Complicated Grief and much more.
I combine different approaches and styles to tailor the therapy to individual needs with an analytical and intercultural influence. I consider culture, ethnicity and spirituality as fundamental aspects of the therapeutic process, and acknowledge how your roots can influence your well-being and mental health experiences.
I have specialist training and experience working with adult survivors of childhood trauma, child sex abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence including emotional and financial abuse.
I also provide counselling psychotherapy for general well-being problems, where by you might just want a safe space to reflect and figure some things out by talking with a professional.
Deliver mental health and well-being talks, training and workshops.
One-to-one and group clinical supervision within organisational settings as well as privately.
To make an enquire or book a consultation email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- MA in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Integrated Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Professional Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
Continued Professional Development (CPD):
- Cultural Competency Training: Nafsiyat
- Introduction to African Psychology: Centre of Pan African Thought
- The Challenge of Racism in Therapeutic Practice - Engaging with oppression in practice and supervision: Dr Isha Mckenzie- Mavinga
- Couples Counselling: Complete Couples
- Couples Counselling Master class: The Human Givens Approach
- Working relationally with Attachment and Traumatic bonding
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery: Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors (PODS)
- Child Sex Abuse (CSA) and Complex Trauma
- Dissociation, Dissociative Identity Disorder and Psychosis
- Working with Suicidal thoughts
- Working with Addiction & OCD: CBT/REBT Approach
- Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Working with HIV+ clients and their families
- Working with families of African and Caribbean origin
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
Fees are £60 for a 50-60 minute session. Concessions available
"Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher." [Oprah Winfrey]
"If you don't like something, change it. If you Change it, change your attitude." [Maya Angelou]
"Without action, you aren't going anywhere." [Mahatma Gandhi]
“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes” [Carl Jung]
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
Supervision is a confidential and collaborative clinical learning environment based on mutuality between the supervisor and the supervisee.