Beverley J Weston
CURRENTLY NO AVAILABILITY
Hello and thank you for viewing my profile.
I am a Trauma Focused, Integrative Intercultural Psychotherapists and Director of Mabadiliko Therapy Ltd.
I have experience in providing psychotherapy for an array of common mental health issues, such as: Addiction, Anger, Anxiety, Bereavement & loss, Confidence issues, Depression, Dissociation, Low self-esteem, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Relationship problems/Relationship breakdown, Sexual dysfunction, Spiritual conflicts, Stress, Suicidal behaviours & Self harm, Unresolved or Complicated Grief and much more.
I combine different approaches and styles to tailor the therapy to individual needs with an analytical and intercultural influence. I consider culture, ethnicity and spirituality as fundamental aspects of the therapeutic process, and acknowledge how your roots can influence your well-being and mental health experiences.
I have specialist training and experience working with adult survivors of childhood trauma, child sex abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence including emotional and financial abuse.
I also provide counselling psychotherapy for general well-being problems, where by you might just want a safe space to reflect and figure some things out by talking with a professional.
To make an enquire or book a consultation email - email@example.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- MA in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Integrated Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Professional Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
Continued Professional Development (CPD):
- Cultural Competency Training: Nafsiyat
- Introduction to African Psychology: Centre of Pan African Thought
- The Challenge of Racism in Therapeutic Practice - Engaging with oppression in practice and supervision: Dr Isha Mckenzie- Mavinga
- Couples Counselling: Complete Couples
- Couples Counselling Master class: The Human Givens Approach
- Working relationally with Attachment and Traumatic bonding
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery: Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors (PODS)
- Child Sex Abuse (CSA) and Complex Trauma
- Dissociation, Dissociative Identity Disorder and Psychosis
- Working with Suicidal thoughts
- Working with Addiction & OCD: CBT/REBT Approach
- Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Working with HIV+ clients and their families
- Working with families of African and Caribbean origin
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees are £60 for a 50-60 minute session, concessions available.
Concessions offered for
"Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher." [Oprah Winfrey]
"If you don't like something, change it. If you Change it, change your attitude." [Maya Angelou]
"Without action, you aren't going anywhere." [Mahatma Gandhi]
“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes” [Carl Jung]