Beverley Mongiello Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
- I completed my nurse training in 1997, and since then I have worked mainly in the NHS, with adults of all ages, including women during their pregnancy and up to 12 months after the birth of their baby (perinatal mental health). I have specialist experience working in CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service). Typically, I use a cognitive behavioural therapy in treatment. I have worked with people from a wide range of backgrounds, and with a great variety of psychological difficulties. I have extensive experience in the treatment of generalised anxiety disorder, health anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, depression, post natal depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, psychological trauma, including birth trauma and low self esteem. My experience working with children and adolescence has covered a range of mental health issues including, depression, the full range of anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, trauma & phobia.
As a qualified mental health professional I use my experience to help people manage their day to day difficulties. My approach to treatment is compassionate, collaborative and evidence based which has allowed me to build good therapeutic relationships essential for effective therapy. I am passionate and about promoting the importance of good mental health and well being within the community and feel enthusiastic that I am now able to offer confidential 1:1 in a relaxed and private environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Mental Health Nurse RMN 1997 Homerton College Health Studies Cambridge 1997
Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy University Of East Anglia 2014
Certificate in Perinatal Mental Health Anglia Ruskin University (Chelmsford) 2009
Further post registration training;
Working Systemically with Families
I have spent over 24 years working in the NHS as a Registered Mental Health Nurse working as a staff nurse in acute adult psychiatry, a community psychiatric nurse and perinatal community psychiatric nurse working within the community, primary care and clinic based settings. From 2014 I have worked as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). This has involved working with a wide range of patients struggling with mental health difficulties which include, panic, phobias, depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder,depression, post natal depression and low self esteem. I have experience in supervising junior colleagues and occasionally teach in addition to my clinical work.
“Cognitive behavioral therapy with Beverley has definitely given me the skill set to really understand and keep my anxiety under control. In the time spent during the weeks of my therapy, I really learnt a lot about my self and my thinking/behavioral habits. CBT has been such a big part of my recovery from anxiety and depression; Beverly always made me feel at ease and I could really express how I was feeling without judgement during this time.”
“I came to Beverley when I was feeling in my lowest ever point in life and she helped me to understand the root cause of my problems and also taught me scientific methods to overcome the issues I suffered from all my life. She was always energetic, passionate and made me feel comfortable to open up about my deepest and darkest life challenges. With her support, I managed to make a massive progress in a relatively short span of time. I couldn’t have done it without her.”
I went to see Beverley for low self esteem , anxiety and depression last summer. I am so much better and stronger for seeing Beverley. I am able to be kinder to myself and have a stronger sense of self worth. My anxiety levels have also improved. I have learnt so much and know I will continue to grow from all Beverley has taught me. For me she has a way of knowing what I’m trying to say and just understanding the issue even if I was struggling to explain myself!. I am so glad I found her back in the summer and would highly recommend Beverley. She has simply been the best therapist I could have asked for.
“Beverley really helped me through a difficult time in my pregnancy when I was suffering from severe anxiety and OCD. She was always kind, supportive and knowledgeable and gave me many techniques to help deal with things better. I would definitely recommend her to anyone else struggling with these issues.“
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Free initial telephone conversation.
Subsequent appointments including initial assessment are charged at
£70.00 per 50 minute session.
All appointments cancelled more than 24 hours before the appointment,will not be charged. Any sessions cancelled less than 24 hours before the appointment, will be charged in full.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 7.00pm. Some Weekend appointments available by negotiation.
Types of client