- Confidential counselling in Norwich to individuals and couples covering a wide range of areas
- Clinical supervision to experienced counsellors and trainees
- In a small private practice
- In a tranquil, comfortable setting
- Close to the centre of Norwich near the train station, bus station and several car parks
- With appointments available weekdays and early evening
My approach to counselling is based on relationships – how people think, feel and behave in relation to other people in their lives as well as how they see themselves in the world in relation to their beliefs, values and their environment. Mostly the work involves conversations and questions that I hope help people to better understand what is going on for them.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am qualified and experienced in Person Centred counselling and Integrative Psychotherapeutic counselling.
My qualifications include:
- diploma in counselling, Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- advanced diploma in counselling, Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSc (hons) in Integrative counselling, University of Middlesex
- post graduate certificate in person centred counselling, University of East Anglia (UEA)
- advanced certificate in clinical supervision
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual counselling £50 a session
Couple relationship counselling £60 a session
Clinical supervision £50 a session
Appointments available 9.00-6.00 weekdays