Beverley Brough (MBACP)
I am a qualified experienced Integrative Counsellor, my special interests lie in 3 areas, DIVORCE working with individuals to support them through the divorce process. YOUNG PEOPLE working with young people aged 11 to 25 years old. I worked as a secondary school counsellor and counselling with a youth charity for 6 years. BEREAVEMENT which can be death, divorce, identity, pets, relationships, homes, empty nest syndrome and whatever you may feel you have lost.
My work is confidential and I work from a discreet location in a garden studio with good parking facilities. I also work voluntarily for a Bereavement charity.
I am a registered member of The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and adhere strictly to their Ethical Framework, maintaining safe and ethical practice. I attend monthly clinical supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling QCF
- NCFE Level 3 Award in counselling skills and Theory
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Helping Skills
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists Certificate of Proficiency
I am committed to Continual Professional Development and have attended the following certified training:
YOUNG PEOPLE (11-25)
- Eating Disorders and Self Harm
- Anger and the Silent Teen
- Young People and the Meaning of Self Esteem
- Shame and Self Harm
- CRUSE Accredited-Awareness in Bereavement Care including Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Safeguarding certificate regularly updated
- Working with Chronically Depressed Patients
- Working with Male and Female Victims of Domestic Violence
- Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Understanding Trauma PTSD
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy introduction
I hold an up to date Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate.
2018 I have been training and successfully completed modules in couples counselling although I am not currently taking on new couple clients just now
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- £40.00 per hour for adults
- £30 per 50 minutes for under 21 year olds
Fees will be reviewed annually, as I work from home I am able to keep my costs a little lower.
I am happy to be contacted by email (as above), by text message on 07732 465088, or you can phone me Monday to Friday. Please let me know when it is convenient to reply and whether you can accept return text messages and emails in order that I may respect your confidentiality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client