Bev J Laban - MBACP, Advd.Dip.Couns., BACP (Accred), Supervision (Cert)
Hi, my name is Bev; I am a fully qualified counsellor and supervisor with many years experience and I do believe I can help you.
I will provide you with the time, warmth and safe space for you to explore and make sense of what is happening in your own world. I will listen, believe, support and empower. (Please see my testimonials below giving confirmation of this).
I offer one-to-one integrative person-centred counselling but utilise TA (Transactional Analysis) for individuals and couples. I will explain what this means in more detail upon contact.
Questions you may have, such as
- Who is the real me?
- What can be done to make things better?
- When will things change?
- Where am I going on this path?
- How can I be the person I used to be or want to be?
- Why me?
can all be addressed.
You can see below all the areas that I cover, but I have special interest in anxiety disorder, GAD, panic disorder, relationship issues, family issues, affairs, betrayal, depression, loss and trauma.
If this sounds like the counselling for you, please contact me by phone or e mail should you wish before making a firm decision.
The frequency and duration of sessions will be agreed between both parties at the initial counselling session. (My prices are below).
Appointments are available Monday to Thursday to suit your individual needs.
Home visits are also an option. However, an initial assessment of premises will be required prior to any agreement of future counselling sessions. This is due solely to protect the health and safety of both parties concerned.
As mentioned earlier, I am also a qualified supervisor and offer my services supervising qualified and trained counsellors, offering individual or group sessions. A reduced rate for trainee counsellors can be negotiated.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AQA Diploma in Counselling (Advanced)
- AQA Certificate in Counselling (Intermediate)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 2)
- Group Coaching
- Supervision one-to-one and group
- IARTT Rewind Trauma Therapy
- 9 experience experience in the NHS, private, education EAP and voluntary sectors
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Individual Counselling £50 per session
- "After surviving breast cancer 5 years ago I thought that was it life would go on and I would enjoy every second .......... But no with it came fear and anxiety, that the cancer would come back and how would I possibly cope again, and so my life stood still and I concentrated on the fear instead of the fact that I had so much to live for. My sessions with Bev helped so much and for the first time in a long time I feel like I can enjoy life and live in the moment. I know if I need her again she is there and that helps so much. She is very approachable and I would recommend her to anyone".
- "You have been so enormously helpful to me. I'll admit when I first was suggested counselling, I was skeptical... I have always managed to get through life without any kind of support and wasn't really ready to admit I needed any. But I felt so horrible at the time that it couldn't hurt. And I was astonished at how much you helped... I'm a totally different person than I was when I saw you in that first week."30 03 16"
- "Good opportunity to talk and be listened to! Has helped a great deal." 15 09 15
- "It's helped me open up and talk to others how I'm feeling. And have gained confidence through the process". May 2015
- "I can't thank you enough. I'm now able to get on and live my life!". 27 10 15
- "I feel the type of counselling/therapy offered was more beneficial than other types of counselling I've received. I feel I have a clearer understanding of what drives me and how to cope with that in the future" 13 10 15
- "I've found my sessions to be very helpful and uplifting. It has helped me change the way I think about things". 21 07 15
- "My experience was a positive one. It has helped me to change negativity in my life to a positive future". 05 07 15
- "Bev has helped me through a very dark period in my life. I never thought I would feel like this again. She has been a great help and I feel I can start to live again".
- "I'm so glad I found Bev I have learnt things about myself I was never aware of, and understand that I can make different choices"
- "Bev has been a fantastic counsellor. She listened to the problems I had with an open mind and no judgement which is exactly what I wanted at that difficult time. She also gave me a viewpoint from someone else's eyes and gave me things to work on until the next session so I had focus and wasn't just struggling. I think that I have very much benefitted from counselling and it has improved my life."
- "I have undertaken your counselling twice, for two very different reasons. Both times I found it very helpful. I am a private person so I was intimidated by the idea of counselling and discussing my life with a stranger. But after my first session I could see how beneficial it was to talk to someone impartial and who could help me ..... I would not hesitate in receiving more counselling from you in the future, or recommending it to people........ as I know how much it has helped me.
- "l found that the sessions were very specific to my issues and it was very clear Bev understood and offered me all the information and help for me to decide my own way forward .......... And the atmosphere always made me feel comfortable which made it easier to explain how I felt. Having finished my sessions I am more focussed and optimistic about life and future."
- "Bev has given me time and strength to move forward without me being dependent on her. She has been motivational .............. Has helped me keep my family together and me
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am also a supervisor and specialise in trainee supervision.View supervision profile