Beth Hamilton BSc. Psychotherapist And Counsellor
It is important to understand that whatever has brought you to my page ..... it is temporary and it can be resolved. All of us get stuck at some stage in our lives and with help and guidance, techniques and the understanding of a particular situation, is often all that is needed to move us forward again.
I am a highly qualified therapist with 22 years of experience. As a Brief Solution therapist, I can provide fast and effective help to resolve things like anxiety, distress, phobias, depression, trauma etc, It is unbelievable how common these things are in todays fast moving, hi-tech world that we live in.
Although anxiety and depression seem to be what I help the most with, I do have a specialist interest in 'complex post traumatic stress' disorder, and I work with several well known charities here in Manchester.
After 20 years of experience working in the NHS and my recent research, I have extensive knowledge of the strong connection between:- how emotional distress can often result in physical illnesses. Hence I have a strong interest in the mind/body connection and how we can use this to our advantage.
I have developed and run several 'Health & Wellbeing' courses for the charity MIND, more information to be found on www.bethhamiltoncounselling.co.uk and in 2013 I published a paper 'Pulling out the Positives from Pain' Human Givens Journal, vol. 20, no 2.
I see clients in the comfort of my home where we can relax, have a cuppa and chat in comfort. I also have two small dogs who enjoy the attention of new people if this is agreeable.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons degree in occupational therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy certificate
- Brief solution focused therapy certificate
- Human givens psychotherapy diploma and accredited practitioner
- Neuro-linguistic diploma at practitioner level
- Mindfulness teacher trainer diploma
- Health research post graduate certificate.
- Mind/body practitioner certificate
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Workshops I have developed and run:-
- Understanding Depression and how to take back control
- Managing Distress and Anxiety
- Negative thoughts and limiting beliefs
- Essentials of a good sleep and how to get it
- The time travellers Mindfulness
- Chronic Pain, and how to live a full and rewarding life
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy
Photos & videos
I offer a free 30 minute assessment session, enabling the client to assess me as well.
All sessions are a generous 90 minutes, face to face, at £60.00
I offer day time, evenings and Saturday appointments.
Online, or telephone, 60 minute sessions are priced at £40.00.
- I have a busy private practice in Urmston
- I have a specialist interest in complex PTSD and volunteer at the Veterans Garage Salford.
- I work as a consultant for the PTSD Resolution charity www.ptsdresolution.org
- and The Red Poppy charity.
- I work for Insurance companies in personal claims injuries.
Skills & Experience. I have a wealth of experience in:-
- 20 years in different areas of the NHS
- MacMillan cancer care - 2009
- Alcohol and addictions service - 2010
- MIND in Bradford - 2012 developing and teaching courses
I work as a multi-modal therapist, using the most beneficial techniques from many different schools of therapy, thus tayloring each session to the clients current concerns, providing a fast and effective therapy.
I have an up to date full D.B.S. check and am registered with the Human Givens school of psychotherapy which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
In order to help people who work I can offer evenings and weekend appointments and generally I am available from 11 a.m. untill 9 p.m. every day of the week.
Types of client